PC12

and what is this, possibly a url

--
www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
--

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=pc12

"Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> and what is this, possibly a url
>
> --
> www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
> www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
> I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
> --
> "Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Flight 1 PC 12 out today (22/04/2005)
>>
>> :))

dallas

"Clive"
> Flight 1 PC 12 out today (22/04/2005)
> :))

:-((

2D cockpit breaks my #1 rule: Leave at least a 40% outside view. This one
is like "flying a giant panel". The perspective is that of a 4 foot tall 6
year old that can't see over the panel.

And, there is something very "FS98ish, hand painted panel and VC" about this
offering.

http://www.flight1software.com/showcase/pc12/image.asp?img=pc122d1.jpg

Compare this to the Meridian's "reach out and touch it" panel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Addison%20to%20Pompano%20Beach/PiperMeridianAddisontoPompano012.jpg

I see some polygons in the VC too... Not impressed so far.

Dallas

dallas

And did you see how Flight1 is trying to sneak the price up a little bit?

Bonanza A-36 $24.95

Pilatus PC-12 $ 26.95

I guess the higher cost of oil has increased their cost of production and
distribution. :p

Dallas

Rookie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2002

> "Clive"
> > Flight 1 PC 12 out today (22/04/2005)
> > :))
>

> :-((
>
> 2D cockpit breaks my #1 rule: Leave at least a 40% outside view. This
one
> is like "flying a giant panel". The perspective is that of a 4 foot tall
6
> year old that can't see over the panel.
>
> And, there is something very "FS98ish, hand painted panel and VC" about
this
> offering.
>
> http://www.flight1software.com/showcase/pc12/image.asp?img=pc122d1.jpg
>
> Compare this to the Meridian's "reach out and touch it" panel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Addison%20to%20Pompano%20Beach/PiperMeridianAddisontoPompano012.jpg

> I see some polygons in the VC too... Not impressed so far.
>

> Dallas

Not sure about PC-12 but PC-9 has HOTAS so there is not much to touch on
panel...

I had a privilege few days (RL) ago to be safety pilot to a PC-9 driver in
good old PA-28-161. It gave me endless fun watching him trying to cope with
trimmers and complaining about missing aileron trimmer. :)

Rookie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2002

> Not sure about PC-12 but PC-9 has HOTAS so there is not much to touch on
> panel...
>
> I had a privilege few days (RL) ago to be safety pilot to a PC-9 driver in
> good old PA-28-161. It gave me endless fun watching him trying to cope
with
> trimmers and complaining about missing aileron trimmer. :)

Ahhhh, "DISREGARD"

I went onto something completely different here. I was thinking about PC-21

Sorry,

rookie

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:52:27 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> And did you see how Flight1 is trying to sneak the price up a little bit?
>
> Bonanza A-36 $24.95
>
> Pilatus PC-12 $ 26.95
>
> I guess the higher cost of oil has increased their cost of production and
> distribution. :p

The A36 is a Dreamfleet product. Flight1 is simply used for the e-commerce
system, just as Eaglesoft and many other developers.

The PC-12 is a Flight1 product entirely.

Bill

dallas

"Bill Leaming"
> The A36 is a Dreamfleet product. Flight1 is simply used for the
e-commerce
> system, just as Eaglesoft and many other developers.

Yup. I knew that.... (correction: Flight1 also provides marketing for
the A36)

I just see prices trying to creep in-between the area between $25 and $30.
You could attribute it to inflation except $2 for a $25 dollar product would
be double the rate of inflation for 2004.

But, I'm just running my mouth... the price should be determined by the
market's willingness to buy that product at a given price. Unless, I've
gotten a wrong impression about this offering, it looks like they over
priced it.

- - - - -

Hey Bill, the glass panel in this PC12 bears a resemblance to the one you
guys are working on in the Cirrus SR20. Any talent crossover on this
project?

Dallas

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:39:46 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> Hey Bill, the glass panel in this PC12 bears a resemblance to the one you
> guys are working on in the Cirrus SR20. Any talent crossover on this
> project?

Nope... I fail to see any similarity between their square EFIS and EHSI and
11.4" diagonal LCD screens... ???

Bill