Sign in with
Your question

Galaxy GF6600Gt AGP temp

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2006 6:07:34 PM

There's an outtake fan above the card, and when idle nvidia driver reads about 46 degrees and around 59 after doing some games. after disabling the fan temperature in idle goes to 52 celsius. Is this too much?

The card has a copper cooler only on the chip none on memory, there is also another passive copper heatsink, not quite sure about that one.
February 13, 2006 3:18:08 PM

Quote:
There's an outtake fan above the card, and when idle nvidia driver reads about 46 degrees and around 59 after doing some games. after disabling the fan temperature in idle goes to 52 celsius. Is this too much?

The card has a copper cooler only on the chip none on memory, there is also another passive copper heatsink, not quite sure about that one.

No, cool temps, but take a look...I´ve disabled my xfx 6600gt fan (noisy like hell) and dropped an hexus silent fan under the card (remove 2 or 3 metal things from expansion slots). Now the card idles at 46 and tops at 62, and best part of it...no noise. Or just download rivatuner and set fan speed to 75 or 80% to 2D apps. And mine works fine at 580/1080
February 15, 2006 8:50:56 PM

Quote:

idling at mid 40s and not even breaking 60 during gaming is great temps for a 6600GT. GPUs run hotter that CPUs, so there's nothing to be worried about. If your temps were breaking 80C, then you need to be concerned.
!