New ViewSonic 19" monitor arrived! :-)

Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2005 7:49:50 PM

April 23, 2005 8:12:03 AM

"Lawn Dart"
> my shiny new ViewSonic G90FB arrived today! :-)

Cool! You've made some very good decisions along the way.

Don't forget to go here to set up your gamma and contrast:
http://www.jasc.com/support/kb/articles/monitor.asp

Varmit
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2005 8:12:04 AM

a b C Monitor
April 23, 2005 12:34:42 PM

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> After returning the new Envision monitor I purchased a couple weeks
> ago (EFT920), my shiny new ViewSonic G90FB arrived today! :-)

Now you need to check if your video card will accept two screens and set up
your system with dual monitors using your old and new screens. Having a
second monitor for FS is great for holding all of those additional aircraft
control panels (throttle, radio stack, etc.), GPS unit, and (perhaps best of
all) the ATC menu.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2005 4:44:35 PM

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> After returning the new Envision monitor I purchased a couple weeks
> ago (EFT920), my shiny new ViewSonic G90FB arrived today! :-)
>
> It's quite nice, and it was very easy to set up in a way that looks
> really good. I've got a little more tweaking to do here and there,
> but overall, the picture looks great, shapes are not distorted, and
> there are no "ghosting/shadow" issues like I had with the Envision
> monitor.
>
> This is a 19" "flat screen" CRT, and after looking at this screen for
> just a little while, I can't understand how I put up with my little
> 17" monitor for so long! Just that couple of inches really makes a
> difference in terms of screen real estate.
>
> This particular monitor is new, and it was manufactured in January of
> this year. The bezel is a bit different than the one shown on the
> ViewSonic site, and I'm glad it is, as I actually prefer this one
> over the style I see on the ViewSonic site.
>
> Oh, and yesterday, I had to drive a friend into Seattle, so I dropped
> by a couple of computer stores. I did manage to pick up a Logitech
> WingMan Force 3D joystick, and this force feedback thing is pretty
> interesting. Still though, I now and then experience the same
> problem I had with the wireless stick, so I'll have to dig deeper
> into what might be the cause of it (see my "Time for a new joystick?"
> thread posted on the 17th). I wonder if there could be a conflict
> between the "WingMan Profiler" settings and the settings in the sim
> itself? If any one has this particular joystick, I'd be happy to
> know how you've got yours set up; especially if it's working exactly
> as expected. Perhaps I should go back to my original joystick thread
> to continue this.
>
> Also, while in those computer stores, I looked at some of the LCD
> monitors they had on display, and they do look quite nice. I still
> think, however, that if I were to get a 19" LCD monitor that would
> perform as well as this ViewSonic CRT, I'd have to pay a great deal
> more money than I paid for this, and I just can't afford something
> like that at the moment. For now, I think I can be quite happy with
> this new monitor. :-)
>
> - --
> Melissa

Thanks for the update, Melissa. I am sure many here are interested in your
CRT vs LCD assessment.

Also glad that an extra 2 inches makes a difference :)  ... nuff said

John
!