R300 printing 7x5" photos?

ME

Could somebody let me know if this is possible? Having trawled through
numerous reviews I have only seen the A4 and 6x4" sizes mentioned and
want to know before I take the plunge and buy one.

If it doesnt, could somebody recommend any that do?

cheers

jonny

Are you wanting to know if it prints borderless 5X7 or just 5X7? I trim all
my 5X7s on the R300 so I can really say if it goes borderless. P.S. It's a
great value for the money, but if I had to do it again I might go for the
800 instead since it uses pigments instead of dyes. Small difference to
some, big difference to others.

Me wrote:
> Could somebody let me know if this is possible? Having trawled through
> numerous reviews I have only seen the A4 and 6x4" sizes mentioned and
> want to know before I take the plunge and buy one.
>
> If it doesnt, could somebody recommend any that do?
>
> cheers
>
> jonny

The R300 is one down from the R800, isn't it? My R800 prints 5"x7"
borderless. I love my R800. I also have a Canon i9500, but it's a £500 white
elephant at the moment!
on salads.

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 00:35:12 GMT, "Alan Smithee" <@!@#$%*&.com> wrote:

>Are you wanting to know if it prints borderless 5X7 or just 5X7? I trim all
>my 5X7s on the R300 so I can really say if it goes borderless. P.S. It's a
>great value for the money, but if I had to do it again I might go for the
>800 instead since it uses pigments instead of dyes. Small difference to
>some, big difference to others.

And 10 times the running costs

"Alan Smithee" <@!@#$%*&.com> wrote in message
> Are you wanting to know if it prints borderless 5X7 or just 5X7? I trim
all
> my 5X7s on the R300 so I can really say if it goes borderless. P.S. It's a
> great value for the money, but if I had to do it again I might go for the
> 800 instead since it uses pigments instead of dyes. Small difference to
> some, big difference to others.
>

> "Me" <Me@myhouse.com> wrote in message
> > Could somebody let me know if this is possible? Having trawled through
> > numerous reviews I have only seen the A4 and 6x4" sizes mentioned and
> > want to know before I take the plunge and buy one.
> >
> > If it doesnt, could somebody recommend any that do?
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > jonny

I'm thinking of buying an Epson 300 just for printing photos. They seem good
value at just £85. As it has memory card slots and an LCD screen would I be
right in thinking that you don't need to connect it to a pc to print out
photos from you memory card? Can you also crop the photos before you print
them. I'm thinking of keeping my Lexmark Z23 for general printing. I keep
refilling the cartridges and the running costs are minimal - it just doesn't
print photos very well. This would mean the R300 would only get occasional
use. Would this give me problems with blocked jets? (my old Epson 600 was
very prone to this).

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Regards
Nodge