Is Refurbished the way to go?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
8O for that price yes definetly but a watchout for some companies that advertise something but replace it with another(bait and switch) like dell did with my friends pc!said they were gonna give a dimension 3000 gave him a 2400 and charged the same for it!

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I typically never buy anything refurb'd that has moving parts. But I know people who do and don't have problems. I'd just say watch the fan on that carefully and make sure it works properly or even replace it.

Wow thats a big upgrade from your signature!!! :D I think your graphics card will have more processing power than your CPU.. hehe (and not just for vector computations)

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Do not buy refurbished or OEM product. However, the price is lower but it is not guaranteed to work. So if you get a broken product, then you'll end up wasting time and money to get a replacement.

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
LOL yeah Its time to upgrade. I got my Income Taxes and was going to upgrade I already bought a X2 3800 and now im getting the ram and memory going with the OCZ 1gig DDR600 Dual channel and now im running a little low on cash so im tring to get the best deal i can without sacificing the integrity of the system does anyone know if the man still warranties Refurbs?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I don't know about the warranties on refurbish or OEM products. I think that depends on the manufacturer.

Yeah, I just remember to do my taxes. I reside in Illinios where's theres no state tax, so I'll get a couple of bucks for my tax return. :evil:

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
my friend got a sapphire x800gto2 refurbished from newegg and it works fine.
already unlocked to 16 pipes.

i've never had problems w/ newegg.
they even took back my scratched copy of HL2 and sent me a new one.
(cheap cds came with wood chippings that scratched the cds..lmao)

im guessing you're getting this from the egg.
i dont know any other store that sells oem and refurb.

chocobocorey

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
i bought a 6800xt agp refurb for 105 dollars and it works great from newegg. they ended up sending me a brand new retail version actually so worked out good

TRENDING THREADS