Until a few weeks ago, I had sound associated with opening/closing windows
etc. Now I have no sound for any actions set through sounds and audio in the
control panel. I can play all wav files selected for the actions through
windows media player and they are in the windows/media directory.
I am using XP Home and have run all updates as they become available.
I have checked all references to volumes and they are all set ot max (none
are muted).
Can anyone suggest what I might do to restore sound?
Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris

Try the following link to Kelly's web page:

"Where did my Sounds go?"

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups