Sign in with
Your question

sub $100 video editing card PCIe

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2006 8:24:37 AM

I am building a video & pohto editing machine based on the
Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800

I need a good reliabe graphics card. It needs to be under 100 USD.

I was recommended this

SAPPHIRE 100141 Radeon X1300 256MB DDR PCI Express x16

I was wondering if anyone knows wheather this card will get along with my system or should I invest in similar nvidia card. I realize that all cards are build to specifications but I also know some products get along better with their parent company products.

Below $100 card recommendations are welcome as well as experiences with this card or motherboard.

my basic requirements are that the card have s video or analog out. many thanks for your help and time.
February 12, 2006 11:52:35 AM

I would wait IMHO. if you are talking about encoding and rendering video, it may be worth it to see if AVIVO pans out. I also got a 3800 but the real deal will be AVIVO if it ever sees the light of day. do you have another card at all to use? If you have a decent AGP card, then maybe a AsRock 939 dual would be an option. Maybe Biostar's Tforce series would also be worth looking at. if you dont mind spending the $100 then just disregard this post.
February 12, 2006 12:20:29 PM

I asked this question a week ago and someone also recommended that card for me.. But instead of photo editing and video, my purpose was to play CoD2 and BF2. Someone said that the X1300 u should isn't good since there's no fan (?) Thus i decided to go with this card:

http://www.logiccircle.com/xcart4016/product.php?produc...

It goes for 150$ minimum in other online sites, and plus it's free shipping :)  (Ordered this tuesday, got it friday)
Related resources
February 13, 2006 5:49:48 AM

MSI NX6600-VTD128E Diamond

seems like a good deal... it is however only 128 mb whereas the ATI is 256... having both video in and out is nice..

on the other hand the MSI has 8 pixel pipelines compared with ATI's 4. I do not know which would make a greater difference the piplines or the memory. could someone enlighten me a bit?
February 13, 2006 5:59:22 AM

Unfortunately I cannot wait for new products. This pc upgrade is already 5 years late. All my old computers are ancient. I don't have anything to throw in to see if the new components are working.

I don't mind the ATI cooling system. I won't be playing games for 12 hours straight so I don't plan on pushing the video card that much. Also I like the computer to be quiet. Not having a fan on a video card is an advantage for me.Plus all the reviews I read mention how nicely the heat is spread on this card.
February 13, 2006 2:16:04 PM

Avivo has already "panned out".

I have downloaded the avivo software and it encodes like crazy. Nice speed upgrade.
I am suitably impressed... I heartily recommend.

Memory isn't nearly as important as pixel pipelines when it comes to gaming. Having said that, the X1300 has pretty efficient architecture for a 4-pipeline card, as pipelines aren't the limiting factor they used to be in previous generation cards... for example, the 16-pipe X1800 XT will beat the 24-pipe 7800 GTX in most cases.

The X1300 won't be as good as a 6600 when it comes to gaming, but it'll be pretty close.
!