SP2 Install

I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.

Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?

TIA...John
3 answers Last reply
More about install

    Hi,

    Locate the spuninst.exe file in the $NtServicePackUninstall$ directory in
    the Windows directory. Run it to start the uninstall operation. You may need
    to set folder options to see hidden and system files to see this.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "John Adams" <jadams@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
    > it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
    > in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.
    >
    > Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?
    >
    > TIA...John

    Have you checked the box that says "Show Updates"?

    Bobby

    "John Adams" <jadams@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
    > it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
    > in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.
    >
    > Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?
    >
    > TIA...John

    If the previous 2 tips don't work you can do a Repair Install of XP overtop
    of your current setup to remove the SP2 beta. Be aware that if you do that
    your system will be unprotected. See here for How To Run A Repair Install if
    you need info http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "John Adams" <jadams@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
    > it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
    > in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.
    >
    > Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?
    >
    > TIA...John

Microsoft Windows XP