I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.

Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?

TIA...John

Hi,

Locate the spuninst.exe file in the $NtServicePackUninstall$ directory in
the Windows directory. Run it to start the uninstall operation. You may need
to set folder options to see hidden and system files to see this.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"John Adams" <jadams@aol.com> wrote in message
>I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
> it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
> in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.
>
> Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?
>
> TIA...John

Have you checked the box that says "Show Updates"?

Bobby

"John Adams" <jadams@aol.com> wrote in message
>I installed XP SP2 beta. Now when I try to install the SP2 full release
> it indicates I need to remove the beta before it will proceed. Nothing
> in Control Panel/ add Remove programs show anything about SP2.
>
> Can someone direct me as to how to remove SP2 beta?
>
> TIA...John

If the previous 2 tips don't work you can do a Repair Install of XP overtop
of your current setup to remove the SP2 beta. Be aware that if you do that
your system will be unprotected. See here for How To Run A Repair Install if
you need info http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp