Printer settings in XP

In Win 98 if you clicked "Print" the printer would turn
on automatically. Does XP have the same option, if so,
where would I find it?

It will if your printer supports that; my HP Deskjet 952c will turn on
automatically when I click print. I have it connected via USB though so I'm
not sure if parallel printers will do this.