Tags:
  • Asus
  • Speakers
  • Configuration
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2006 8:38:11 PM

I built my first machine with an A8N-SLI motherboard and I'm using the onboard sound. I updated the ALC850 driver to the one released on 1/26/06, but I cannot configure the driver for 2.1 speakers. There simply isn't an option to do so. I tried using the ASUS sound utility, same thing. My choices are stereo, 4.0, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1... They are old Logitech S200 speakers - the powered subwoofer connects to the right speaker (which plugs into the line-out jack).

So here's the kicker.... sometimes the subwoofer works, just not the way it should. I'm looking for advice re what to do about it, and I'm not looking to spend more than $60US or so. I figure I'll get a value sound card and see if the speakers work better, then get new speakers if necessary. Thanks for any help you can give me.

More about : speakers work onboard sound

February 12, 2006 10:07:59 PM

If your looking for an inexpensive sound card, check out Turtle Beach. Prior to getting an Audigy 2, I used these cards and they always worked really well. I listen to a lot of music it always sounded good. Don't know anything about there newer cards but their older ones were good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Brand=143...
!