krogoth1989

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Well for the time has come for me to get a new pc, so for easter im planning on buying a new one, and the case I thought of was the Tai Chi by Thermaltake.

I want to find out it it will be able to keep my computer temperature down, as it comes with fans also etc.

the computer will be
Socket 939 Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego
Ati Radeon 1900XTX
2 GB(1 gb x 2) of DDR 3200 Corsair ( im buying heatsinks for em)

please let me know if this case is a good choice, other case suggestions would be nice, but I really wanted the Tai Chi for looks, and the aluminum front panel instead of plastic.

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Thats a nice case but how much is it going to set you back and another thing is that you can buy good quality ran that already has sinks built onto it, OCZ, thats what i use and it is great for eveything and it is one of the bes kinds for overclocking. also do go ahead and get atleast a 500 watt psu, ANTEC is a great brand. And get the A64 4000+ San Diego, assuminng that it will not be used for heavy multitasking cus otherwise if you are goin to be multitasking get dual core. I recomend the 4000+ because i have one that i use for gaming and it kicks ass especially when overclocked. Another case that you might like would be the Coolmaster Stacker 830, it has 9x120mm fan mounting points,thats what im getting for my next case.
http://www.xoxide.com/cooler-master-cm-stacker-830.html

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
o and here are my specs.

AMD A64 4000+ San Diego
ABIT AN8-SLi Mobo
Ultra 500 watt PSU
1 gig OCZ PC4000, DDR500
300 gig Maxtor SATA HDD
Connect 3D X850 XT

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
not a bad looking case

but here's my concern

it's watercooling which is fine, but the radiator and stuff is on the swinging door. this means everytime you open your case, you will be moving the tubing around and swinging it back and forth, and bakc and forth. stretching it and bending it

this scares me a lot with water solutions...

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I was actually trying to buy this case with the water cooling kit but the price for just the case alone is just too high.If I have the funding then I would definitely get it.

margav

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Hi. I recently bought the Tai-Chi liquid edition.

I used the factory setting of only the cpu waterblock and i have p4 Prescott 3.6 Ghz and clocked to 3.9 Ghz. Well the standart temp for my cpu with the default fan is about 75C.

As soon as I installed the waterblock ( it had the right length cables and good install manual, including thermal paste n stuff) the temp dropped to around 35C.

The note about the door- the case is BIG and it has hydrolic door opening system. but the cables are the right length and alll the fans are protected from them, and when zou close the door, the tubes are coiled, but dont touch anything reallz except errantic power cables, so its not a proble.

sorry for poor english, as my mothertongue is Russian..