Anonymous Member Kicks GoDaddy Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

malice81

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I'm beginning to really not like these guys, and I was honestly cheering for them before. When they're going up against big corporations and purportedly fighting for the little guy, I can dig it. But releasing civilian user information, and then taking down millions of websites that had no connection to any cause they're fighting is getting out of hand. I personally know 2 small business owners that lost money because of yesterday's outage. Pointing out security flaws in online businesses is a possible noble act, which can be done with flair and spectacle that does not involve shaming anyone but the company. At this point, if they are fighting a war they're doing it with no regard for, or sending a message through civilian casualties. Guess what guys? That changes you from vigilante status, to what looks a whole lot like terrorism.

malice81

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
haha, you need to read some more partner, or maybe get yourself a TOR browser and look for yourself. They are most certainly a group.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I certainly don't support act against innocent civilian. But at least they are not trying to harm anyone
while releasing FBI iphone database they didn't released the very confidential information such as phone number of any person. They are revealing governments true face which is trying to sneak into your private life

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]malice81[/nom]I'm beginning to really not like these guys, and I was honestly cheering for them before. When they're going up against big corporations and purportedly fighting for the little guy, I can dig it. But releasing civilian user information, and then taking down millions of websites that had no connection to any cause they're fighting is getting out of hand. I personally know 2 small business owners that lost money because of yesterday's outage. Pointing out security flaws in online businesses is a possible noble act, which can be done with flair and spectacle that does not involve shaming anyone but the company. At this point, if they are fighting a war they're doing it with no regard for, or sending a message through civilian casualties. Guess what guys? That changes you from vigilante status, to what looks a whole lot like terrorism.[/citation]

This has always been the problem. I'm not trying to get on your case, but people always start off saying it's good or alright because they're doing this against people I don't like, or this isn't affecting me so who cares. As far as I see it they haven't really changed what they were always doing. It's just that more and more people are realizing that these buffoons are out for no one but themselves.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
GoDaddy should be taken out back and buried. They are a scam-company. They are VERY active in stealing webdomains. One of my clients made the mistake of doing business with them - and they scooped up his .com domain and offers to sell it for $8,800.00 as its a "Premium Domain Name" - bullshit, its a family name for a small business thats been around for 20 years. Its obscure... and mostly forgettable.

But GoDaddy stole it! Then GoDaddy says "While Go Daddy does not own these domains names, we are one of a select group of registrars that can introduce you to the sellers."

Here is their sub-company:
DomainsByProxy.com
14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Domains by proxy *IS OWNED* by GoDaddy. They are lying sacks of shit.

DO NOT EVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH GODADDY!

They maybe the very worst company to do business with!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Even if you are just thinking of a domain, and you type it in.... without being logged on, GoDaddy steals it.

Even if you are logged in, you type it in... think about it, come back to it 15~30 minutes later... gone, GoDaddy has just raped you.

malice81

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
[citation][nom]DRosencraft[/nom]This has always been the problem. I'm not trying to get on your case, but people always start off saying it's good or alright because they're doing this against people I don't like, or this isn't affecting me so who cares. As far as I see it they haven't really changed what they were always doing. It's just that more and more people are realizing that these buffoons are out for no one but themselves.[/citation]

While I can see your point, I don't really agree as far as I myself am concerned. The "people I don't like" are the corporations doing underhanded nonsense, and / or using their big lawyered up asses to shove things down people's throats. Now, I can get behind them showing the fight-club-esque nod of "we protect you while you sleep, do not f*** with us" mentality. Sorry if my comment didn't drive the point home properly, but What I'm truly against is the civilian casualty involved with some of their recent actions, as opposed to what it appeared they stood for prior. You may be right, they may not give two s***s about anyone but themselves. Color me disillusioned for believing the statement "A people should not fear it's government, a government should fear it's people" was actually being practiced.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]Solariis[/nom]No, I think you're still too retarded Taizun, although people use anonymous as a username to conceal their identity, there is in fact a group called Anonymous and they have been around for quite some time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29[/citation]

There is no such thing as an organized group called Anonymous. It started out as a bunch of kids on 4chan who would raid f2p games, chat rooms and stickam. Then one of them made a program called LOIC that joins your computer into a botnet. Everyone downloads it and then the botnet gets directed towards a certain business to DDOS. It is not full of computer hackers and devious crackers. It is a bunch of kids who just claim the title and willingly or unwillingly put their PC on a botnet to DDOS "For the Greater Good".

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]GoDaddy should be taken out back and buried. They are a scam-company. They are VERY active in stealing webdomains. One of my clients made the mistake of doing business with them - and they scooped up his .com domain and offers to sell it for $8,800.00 as its a "Premium Domain Name" - bullshit, its a family name for a small business thats been around for 20 years...![/citation]

1&1.com does the same thing !
I lost several domains because of them.

Solariis

Honorable
May 1, 2012

You're correct, I just was trying to tell Taizun they're still a loosely associated group of people, not just a single user who uses a username called anon/anonymous as he made it sound.

Chirality

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I actually had a domain/hosting expiring in a few weeks with godaddy. Thanks to this article I'll be canceling my auto renew and my service when it expires. I didn't know they supported SOPA.

Fuck godaddy.

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
This person's attack went *way too far. Lots of innocent people were hurt yesterday. Next thing you know crazy hackers will format my hard disk for drinking the wrong soft drink. The authorities really should focus on hunting this guy down and treating him to genuine justice.

Chirality

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
[citation][nom]computerguy72[/nom]This person's attack went *way too far. Lots of innocent people were hurt yesterday. Next thing you know crazy hackers will format my hard disk for drinking the wrong soft drink. The authorities really should focus on hunting this guy down and treating him to genuine justice.[/citation]

Collateral Damage my friend. By supporting SOPA, anyone that does business with GoDaddy, is supporting it. It's not a shade of grey. That's why I took action and closed my accounts. Do you want to censor the internet?

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
[citation][nom]Chirality[/nom]Collateral Damage my friend. By supporting SOPA, anyone that does business with GoDaddy, is supporting it. It's not a shade of grey. That's why I took action and closed my accounts. Do you want to censor the internet?[/citation]

Your very scary attitude forments a world literally of anarchy. You don't like somebody just destroy anyone who has any contact with them. That is the same argument al-Qaeda made on this very day (9/11) after killing thousands of people. You should perhaps think about stopping ideas you vehemently disagree with at the VOTING BOOTH and as you did with your wallet. Cheering collateral damage vs. unwitting people is just wrong plain and simple.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
So... Anonymous complains about censorship by the government.
Then... Anonymous censors GoDaddy via DDOS because they disagree with GoDaddy.
So, why claim to protect freedom by denying others' freedom?

chrom3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
So, they choose to hurt hundreds of thousands of business, lose 100,00 of thousands of dollars for people for the internet? So some people may not get to feed their families now because of "internet freedom?" Ok kiddies time to stop, now you are hurting the people you claim to want to protect.

G

Your very scary attitude forments a world literally of anarchy. You don't like somebody just destroy anyone who has any contact with them. That is the same argument al-Qaeda made on this very day (9/11) after killing thousands of people. You should perhaps think about stopping ideas you vehemently disagree with at the VOTING BOOTH and as you did with your wallet. Cheering collateral damage vs. unwitting people is just wrong plain and simple.

Look up the hegelian dialectic. It turns out that the only way humans can learn from their mistakes and have the will to create a better system is from the ashes calamity.

That is why we were stronger after the great depression. It is why we were stronger after the war for our independence. It is the only way forward, unfortunately, so buckle your seat-belt.

[citation][nom]computerguy72[/nom]Your very scary attitude forments a world literally of anarchy. You don't like somebody just destroy anyone who has any contact with them. That is the same argument al-Qaeda made on this very day (9/11) after killing thousands of people. You should perhaps think about stopping ideas you vehemently disagree with at the VOTING BOOTH and as you did with your wallet. Cheering collateral damage vs. unwitting people is just wrong plain and simple.[/citation]

[citation][nom]buckleup[/nom]Look up the hegelian dialectic. It turns out that the only way humans can learn from their mistakes and have the will to create a better system is from the ashes calamity.That is why we were stronger after the great depression. It is why we were stronger after the war for our independence. It is the only way forward, unfortunately, so buckle your seat-belt.[/citation]

Do you all see this? This is our problem as a species. When we see a problem, we often take different sides of the same coin. You both see a problem and argue about solving it. If we didn't always argue about it, then we might have a chance of solving it. It doesn't matter what the methods that you two see as separate parties, look at the problem from each other's perspective and find a solution that fits both perspectives.

G

Do you all see this? This is our problem as a species. When we see a problem, we often take different sides of the same coin. You both see a problem and argue about solving it. If we didn't always argue about it, then we might have a chance of solving it. It doesn't matter what the methods that you two see as separate parties, look at the problem from each other's perspective and find a solution that fits both perspectives.

Don't you know the meaning of compromise: no one's happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.