You Favorite AI Traffic Add On ?

Hey gang:

I am looking to achieve better results for "General Aviation " A.I. Traffic.
All the ad on's I see always reference "Airline" Traffic. Do any of these
also allow to add General Aviation Traffic ??

Denis <><
7 answers Last reply
More about favorite traffic

    Denis,
    I use a neat little FS2004 freeware program called "GA-Traffic". You can
    find this program by searching the file libraries at www.flightsim.com for
    the file: gatraffi.zip.
    This program will take all of the general aviation airplanes that are
    installed on your computer and generate flightplans for them. You can set
    parameters for how much or how little traffic you want, what each category
    of traffic does, which airports these flights fly into and out of, etc. It
    generates general aviation traffic for all airports in FS2004, no matter
    where in the world they are. I think its a great program.

    Randy L.

    "Denis" <knucklebutt@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Hey gang:
    >

    > I am looking to achieve better results for "General Aviation " A.I.
    > Traffic. All the ad on's I see always reference "Airline" Traffic. Do any
    > of these also allow to add General Aviation Traffic ??
    >

    > Denis <><

    Randy: I had no idea that was available. I will certainly try that today;
    Thanks for the info

    Denis

    Denis wrote:
    > Randy: I had no idea that was available. I will certainly try that today;
    > Thanks for the info
    >

    > Denis

    Flight 1's Ultimate Traffic allows you to add as much or as little GA
    traffic as you like. Plus, it generates real commerical traffic with
    all planes having the correct liveries. Check it out at

    www.flight1.com

    Project AI also has Historical, regular Airlines, Cargo Airlines and then
    the bonus. Military flights.

    Self installing, no fighting with traffic tools or making parking spaces
    with afcad. The installer takes care of everything.

    Mark G

    "RandyL" <rlink"nospam"@cableone.net> wrote in message
    > Denis,
    > I use a neat little FS2004 freeware program called "GA-Traffic". You
    can
    > find this program by searching the file libraries at www.flightsim.com for
    > the file: gatraffi.zip.
    > This program will take all of the general aviation airplanes that are
    > installed on your computer and generate flightplans for them. You can set
    > parameters for how much or how little traffic you want, what each category
    > of traffic does, which airports these flights fly into and out of, etc. It
    > generates general aviation traffic for all airports in FS2004, no matter
    > where in the world they are. I think its a great program.

    I downloaded this program after reading the above, and I like it.

    However, I have a slight problem -- it gave me the option to change an
    airplane into an AI plane, so I tried it. Now, I can't fly the darn thing
    myself any more! The original folder is still there, but it just isn't
    available in FS9.

    Oh well...
    Earl

    --
    Earl Needham
    Clovis, New Mexico USA

    Earl,
    That is weird. That has never happened to me, and I have been using this
    program for about a year, and I have about 20 general aviation aircraft that
    I have let ga-traffic convert to AI. The fact that the original aircraft
    folder is still there is encouraging though. Pardon me for asking a really
    obvious question, but was the aircraft that you converted to AI which
    doesn't show up in your installed aircraft list an aircraft that you could
    fly before ga-traffic converted it? Some FS2004 aircraft are simply AI
    traffic to begin with, and don't show up in your list of installed
    aircraft.The only thing that I can think of is that somehow the directory
    filename got changed somehow. When ga-traffic makes AI aircraft, it creates
    a copy of the original aircrafts directory to put the AI textures, but gives
    the directory a "GA-AI" prefix. For instance, the default FS2004 Cessna
    172's directory is named: "c172". After making an AI copy of this aircraft,
    Ga-Traffic creates a directory in your Aircraft directory called "GA-AI
    c172". But it leaves the original directory alone (or at least it has in all
    the aircraft that I have installed). I hope you get this resolved.

    Randy L.

    > Earl,
    > That is weird. That has never happened to me, and I have been using
    this
    > program for about a year, and I have about 20 general aviation aircraft
    that
    > I have let ga-traffic convert to AI. The fact that the original aircraft
    > folder is still there is encouraging though. Pardon me for asking a really
    > obvious question, but was the aircraft that you converted to AI which
    > doesn't show up in your installed aircraft list an aircraft that you could
    > fly before ga-traffic converted it?

    Oh yeah, it was a MATS Connie that was fun to play with. Although, the
    autopilot was weird and sometimes caused the whole sim to lock up!

    > Some FS2004 aircraft are simply AI
    > traffic to begin with, and don't show up in your list of installed
    > aircraft.The only thing that I can think of is that somehow the directory
    > filename got changed somehow.

    No, it's still there. I'm not sure what caused it, and I don't have
    time to try to fix it just now, as I'm headed to Cincinatti in the morning.
    Maybe later.

    Earl

    --
    Earl Needham