All kidding aside

A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )

It may be the new medication.

--

boB, SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
More about kidding aside

    boB wrote:

    > A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )
    >
    > It may be the new medication.

    Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.

    http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg

    --

    boB, SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:01:17 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >boB wrote:
    >

    >> A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )
    >>
    >> It may be the new medication.
    >>

    >Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
    >
    >http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg

    Don't forget to play Jimmy Hendrix music while on your `trip'.

    Speaking of weird.. here's a Mi-24 Hind D at National!!

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Hind_D_Nat.jpg (100k)

    can't seem to get it trimmed and must keep lots of forward force on
    the stick.. also torsional force (on stick) to go in straight line!!

    -G

    Hi Bob,

    Why don't I get to see the picture? There were some remarks before about
    some not being able to see your pictures. Jeff obviously had no problem with
    your link!?

    Loek

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> schreef in bericht
    > boB wrote:
    >

    >> A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )
    >>
    >> It may be the new medication.
    >>

    > Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
    >
    > http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg
    >
    > --
    >
    > boB, SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Talking of drugs, Ectasy can have the effect of slowing down or speeding up
    time. So for those long trans atlatic flights, simple take an E, hope you
    get the speding up effect, and watch how a 6 hour flight seams to last only
    1 hour lol

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:01:17 GMT, boB wrote:

    > Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
    >
    > http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg

    Is that what things look like for you when you don't take your meds?
    Damn....that's Twilight Zone, man! Funky!
    :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I've got a baaad feeling about this.....)

    "ccsuwxman"
    > Damage to these neurons is the
    > underlying cause of the motor disturbances seen in Parkinson's disease.
    > Symptoms of this disease begin with lack of coordination and tremors and
    > can eventually result in a form of paralysis.

    The anti drug forces have never done themselves any favors with these
    over-the-top scare tactics based on fuzzy science. In fact they destroy
    their credibly to the extent that kids discount all the information they get
    and are unaware of any actual dangers a drug.

    This trend began in the 1930's with Randolph Hearst's personal newspaper
    campaign to stop the growing use of marijuana in America by creating totally
    fabricated stories of marijuana induced crime and insanity.

    A year or so ago Peter Jennings did a 1 hour primetime special on Ecstasy
    uncovering the government's intentional creation of misinformation relating
    to brain damage and Parkinson's. The story's conclusion stated that they
    hadn't really found any physiological damage caused by the drug when used
    alone in a reasonable dose.

    Dallas

    "Chris Harries"
    >So for those long trans atlatic flights, simple take an E, hope you
    > get the speding up effect, and watch how a 6 hour flight seams to last
    only
    > 1 hour lol

    Chris, you'll understand this better when you approach midlife - we don't
    want to speed up time - we want to slow it down!

    Got anything for that? :-)

    Dallas

    LSD and flying is bad!!!! wow nice colours, mind you it IS California,
    hehehe

    Jeff

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:32:28 +1200, Gymfreakish wrote:

    > LSD and flying is bad!!!! wow nice colours, mind you it IS California,
    > hehehe

    LOL!!!

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)

    Cant think why you cant see them, bmp jpeg giff and tiff are standard
    formats, will have a think and get back soon, anyone else with ideas?

    Jeff

    Gymfreakish wrote:
    > , will have a think and

    Tried that once, got a splittin headache and started seein things like boB
    does - never did it again! d:->))

    Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    Don

    Melissa dear,
    I have often wondered, what is all that code which appears at the bottom of
    your messages? I don't see it from anyone else. I am sure (being you) it
    must have a good purpose.
    Do tell us...

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    Hi Quilljar,

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:16:46 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

    > I have often wondered, what is all that code which appears at the
    > bottom of your messages?

    I'll try to give you the short version...

    It's an encrypted "digest" of the particular message; a "digital
    signature". Anyone with an "OpenPGP" application ("PGP" or "GnuPG")
    can verify the signatures (both programs are available as freeware).
    These programs are also used for strong encryption of text and other
    types of files (I use them for encrypting personal email; anything
    more "personal" than what I would write on a postcard).

    Verifying such a signature does one thing absolutely, and *can* do
    another as well...

    1) Verifying a digital signature will tell the verifier if
    *anything* has been altered in a message between the moment it
    was signed and the moment it was verified. It won't tell the
    verifier exactly what has been altered (if that's the case), but
    generally, a "Bad" verification could be an indication that the
    content of the message cannot be trusted to be the exact message
    that was originally signed.

    2) Verifying a digital signature *can* also tell the verifier that
    a certain person (or "persona") has actually written the signed
    message. This is a bit more involved, and has to do with what is
    called the "web of trust".

    If you wish to dig more deeply into this stuff, I'll be happy to
    continue this via email.

    > I don't see it from anyone else. I am sure (being you) it must have
    > a good purpose. Do tell us...

    I won't bore you with all the sordid details, but a few years ago, I
    was the victim of some very malicious identity spoofing, which was
    perpetrated by a lurker in a news group. The spoofing wasn't
    restricted to just news groups (many of them; most that I didn't
    read), but was also spread far and wide via email. It finally got so
    bad that I was actually threatened (physically) in my "real life" by
    a couple of people who received those spoofed messages (and yes, they
    found out where I lived). After I finally got all that sorted out,
    my choice was to either go completely anonymous, or to positively
    claim the words I spew over the Internet. I chose the latter. In
    order for this system to have any meaning, I have to be consistent in
    my signing; so I even sign all the meaningless drivel I post to news
    groups and mail lists. Basically, if it's not signed by my key, and
    if the verification is not "Good", it cannot be trusted to have been
    written by me.

    There are other reasons I sign as well, and these have to do with
    copyrighted material that I sometimes send over the Internet. Again,
    my consistency in signing everything I write and send over the
    Internet is necessary in this realm as well.

    Some people will complain about the "extra bandwidth" used up by such
    signatures applied to Usenet posts, and while I can try to appreciate
    their concerns, it's not too difficult to look around Usenet and find
    many far more egregious examples of "wasted bandwidth"...signed or
    not. :-)

    Finally, a digital signature, if used properly, is far more secure
    than a handwritten signature, as it's quite impossible to actually
    forge. The explanation above is really just the tip of the iceberg,
    but I hope it's enough for now. As I said, if you want to know more,
    feel free to continue this via email.

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/

    Wow!
    Interesting, but way over my head. I do hope it achieves peace of mind for
    you...

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    I would agree with what you state there. I agree E can have some very bad
    effects, but sued in moderation its not actally that halmfull. The same as
    aclchole really, but then again, things that change the chemichles in your
    body, even pain killers, arnt really the 100% best things for you but your
    body is quite resliant

    > "ccsuwxman"
    >> Damage to these neurons is the
    >> underlying cause of the motor disturbances seen in Parkinson's disease.
    >> Symptoms of this disease begin with lack of coordination and tremors and
    >> can eventually result in a form of paralysis.
    >
    > The anti drug forces have never done themselves any favors with these
    > over-the-top scare tactics based on fuzzy science. In fact they destroy
    > their credibly to the extent that kids discount all the information they
    > get
    > and are unaware of any actual dangers a drug.
    >
    > This trend began in the 1930's with Randolph Hearst's personal newspaper
    > campaign to stop the growing use of marijuana in America by creating
    > totally
    > fabricated stories of marijuana induced crime and insanity.
    >
    > A year or so ago Peter Jennings did a 1 hour primetime special on Ecstasy
    > uncovering the government's intentional creation of misinformation
    > relating
    > to brain damage and Parkinson's. The story's conclusion stated that they
    > hadn't really found any physiological damage caused by the drug when used
    > alone in a reasonable dose.
    >

    > Dallas

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Chris Harries"
    > aclchole really, but then again, things that change the chemichles in your
    > body, even pain killers, arnt really the 100% best things for you but your
    > body is quite resliant

    I once heard a Doctor say, "There's a little poison in every pill."

    KDFW
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:14:39 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

    >I once heard a Doctor say, "There's a little poison in every pill."

    Dr Who?
    OK, sorry.

    I take drugs for epilepsy and in the main these pills work fine.
    However, when taken in excess, as I did a month or two ago, I was
    landed in hospital for a couple of days. Initially, my limbs ceased to
    function; next, my speach stopped (luckily, I was able to crawl to the
    phone an ring an ambulance in time); and, finally, I spent a pleasant
    few hours varminting all over the place. Not very nice.

    James
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    that's a nice story, I am just glad I finished my sandwich about 30 seconds
    ago :) to be fair though that's quite bad. My Nan had epilepsy, didn't do a
    crazy over dose like you (lol) but she did end up going mad. something about
    the epilepsy conflicting the cancer they later found in her stomach, she
    basically was acting drunk all the time, like ya no 20 year old in spirit
    was quite funny..until she died of course lol but better go out drunk
    then...in pain...hmm that was lame lol

    --
    Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
    join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
    "James Hodson" <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:14:39 GMT, "Dallas"
    > <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:
    >
    >>I once heard a Doctor say, "There's a little poison in every pill."
    >
    > Dr Who?
    > OK, sorry.
    >
    > I take drugs for epilepsy and in the main these pills work fine.
    > However, when taken in excess, as I did a month or two ago, I was
    > landed in hospital for a couple of days. Initially, my limbs ceased to
    > function; next, my speach stopped (luckily, I was able to crawl to the
    > phone an ring an ambulance in time); and, finally, I spent a pleasant
    > few hours varminting all over the place. Not very nice.
    >
    > James
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    so, you state that if its good we pretty sure its form you and if its not
    then its probably not, but how do we know if its good or not, its just a big
    chunk of characters

    --
    Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
    join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
    Go to www.deadlyhosting.com to see what positions we have available.
    --
    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Ha-ha being 18 (almost 19!!! LOL) I can guess I have lots to learn, I have
    learnt something though, like working in Sainsbury's stacking shelves Friday
    and Saturday 17:00-21:00 makes you want to kill your self, after like 18
    months of that I eventually got changed to Saturday 13:00-21:00 which is
    good as it means I get Saturday night and a lay in on Sunday and Friday
    night and a lay in on Saturday, so works out really...part from I am leaving
    end of July. Moral of the story, doing shite jobs you hate is so damn
    annoying, just to go spend it on getting wrecked at the weekend and on
    computer parts, but as my dad said, its life, so luckily I can pretend I am
    a pilot on Vatsim.

    --

    > "Chris Harries"
    >>So for those long trans atlatic flights, simple take an E, hope you
    >> get the speding up effect, and watch how a 6 hour flight seams to last
    > only
    >> 1 hour lol
    >

    > Chris, you'll understand this better when you approach midlife - we don't
    > want to speed up time - we want to slow it down!
    >
    > Got anything for that? :-)
    >

    > Dallas

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:

    > Eek! Here's an example of a "Bad" signature verification:
    >
    > gpg: armor header: Hash: RIPEMD160
    > gpg: original file name=''
    > gpg: Signature made 04/25/05 19:05:46
    > gpg: using RSA key 0x3118A8D4D906AA04
    > gpg: using classic trust model
    > gpg: BAD signature from "Melissa <snipped@gmx.net>"
    > gpg: textmode signature, digest algorithm RIPEMD160
    >
    > I forgot to lock in the word wrapping before sending the last message,
    > so my news reader apparently re-wrapped something after I hit <send>.
    > Since something was changed after the signature was applied, the
    > verification was "Bad".
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa

    But would the signature key actually help you. Someone getting spam or
    some other junk with a bad signature and using your ID might just might
    convince a second party that it's you, but being very clever, you added
    a bunch of junk in the beginning and in the end of the message to throw
    suspicion off of the real you. Does that make sense????? Saying
    another way, telling someone the message was not from the real you
    because the keys were bad wouldn't work because the real you could enter
    the bad keys on purpose. Hope you understood me.

    --

    boB, SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:51:45 GMT, Chris Harries wrote:

    > Ha-ha being 18 (almost 19!!! LOL) I can guess I have lots to learn, I have
    > learnt something though, like working in Sainsbury's stacking shelves Friday
    > and Saturday 17:00-21:00 makes you want to kill your self, after like 18
    > months of that I eventually got changed to Saturday 13:00-21:00 which is
    > good as it means I get Saturday night and a lay in on Sunday and Friday
    > night and a lay in on Saturday, so works out really...part from I am leaving
    > end of July. Moral of the story, doing shite jobs you hate is so damn
    > annoying, just to go spend it on getting wrecked at the weekend and on
    > computer parts, but as my dad said, its life, so luckily I can pretend I am
    > a pilot on Vatsim.

    Well at least you're spending your hard-earned money on something that will
    last a while, and something you can enjoy.

    Do you have any idea how many people there are your age that do the same
    kind of work, busting their humps, and then spending it on booze?
    They get to wake up with one hell of a hang-over and, if really unlucky,
    VD.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:44:33 GMT, "Chris Harries"
    <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >that's a nice story, I am just glad I finished my sandwich about 30 seconds
    >ago :) to be fair though that's quite bad. My Nan had epilepsy, didn't do a
    >crazy over dose like you (lol) but she did end up going mad. something about
    >the epilepsy conflicting the cancer they later found in her stomach, she
    >basically was acting drunk all the time, like ya no 20 year old in spirit
    >was quite funny..until she died of course lol but better go out drunk
    >then...in pain...hmm that was lame lol

    Sorry to hear about your nan. When I took my OD I wasn't acting drunk;
    I was more than several sheets to the winds - and that was the
    problem.

    James

Games Microsoft Texas Video Games