All kidding aside

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )

It may be the new medication.

--

boB, SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

GREGORY

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:01:17 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
brought the following to our attention:

>boB wrote:
>

>> A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )
>>
>> It may be the new medication.
>>

>Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
>
>http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg

Don't forget to play Jimmy Hendrix music while on your `trip'.

Speaking of weird.. here's a Mi-24 Hind D at National!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Hind_D_Nat.jpg (100k)

can't seem to get it trimmed and must keep lots of forward force on
the stick.. also torsional force (on stick) to go in straight line!!

-G

Hi Bob,

Why don't I get to see the picture? There were some remarks before about
some not being able to see your pictures. Jeff obviously had no problem with
your link!?

Loek

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> schreef in bericht
> boB wrote:
>

>> A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )
>>
>> It may be the new medication.
>>

> Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
>
> http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg
>
> --
>
> boB, SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Talking of drugs, Ectasy can have the effect of slowing down or speeding up
time. So for those long trans atlatic flights, simple take an E, hope you
get the speding up effect, and watch how a 6 hour flight seams to last only
1 hour lol

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:01:17 GMT, boB wrote:

> Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
>
> http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg

Is that what things look like for you when you don't take your meds?
Damn....that's Twilight Zone, man! Funky!
:)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(I've got a baaad feeling about this.....)

dallas

"ccsuwxman"
> Damage to these neurons is the
> underlying cause of the motor disturbances seen in Parkinson's disease.
> Symptoms of this disease begin with lack of coordination and tremors and
> can eventually result in a form of paralysis.

The anti drug forces have never done themselves any favors with these
over-the-top scare tactics based on fuzzy science. In fact they destroy
their credibly to the extent that kids discount all the information they get
and are unaware of any actual dangers a drug.

This trend began in the 1930's with Randolph Hearst's personal newspaper
campaign to stop the growing use of marijuana in America by creating totally
fabricated stories of marijuana induced crime and insanity.

A year or so ago Peter Jennings did a 1 hour primetime special on Ecstasy
uncovering the government's intentional creation of misinformation relating
to brain damage and Parkinson's. The story's conclusion stated that they
hadn't really found any physiological damage caused by the drug when used
alone in a reasonable dose.

Dallas

dallas

"Chris Harries"
>So for those long trans atlatic flights, simple take an E, hope you
> get the speding up effect, and watch how a 6 hour flight seams to last
only
> 1 hour lol

Chris, you'll understand this better when you approach midlife - we don't
want to speed up time - we want to slow it down!

Got anything for that? :)

Dallas

LSD and flying is bad!!!! wow nice colours, mind you it IS California,
hehehe

Jeff

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:32:28 +1200, Gymfreakish wrote:

> LSD and flying is bad!!!! wow nice colours, mind you it IS California,
> hehehe

LOL!!!

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)

Cant think why you cant see them, bmp jpeg giff and tiff are standard
formats, will have a think and get back soon, anyone else with ideas?

Jeff

"L. Mulder" <lbn.mulder@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi Bob,
>
> Why don't I get to see the picture? There were some remarks before about
> some not being able to see your pictures. Jeff obviously had no problem
with
> your link!?
>
> Loek
>

> "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> schreef in bericht
> > boB wrote:
> >

> >> A short flight over the California Dessert ( :) )
> >>
> >> It may be the new medication.
> >>

> > Damn, I musta forgotten my meds.
> >
> > http://xs25.xs.to/pics/05160/short_flight.jpg
> >
> > --
> >
> > boB, SAG 70
> >
> > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
> > Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

crash

Gymfreakish wrote:
> , will have a think and

Tried that once, got a splittin headache and started seein things like boB
does - never did it again! d:->))

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

Melissa dear,
I have often wondered, what is all that code which appears at the bottom of
your messages? I don't see it from anyone else. I am sure (being you) it
must have a good purpose.
Do tell us...

Cheers,

Quilly

Hi Quilljar,

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:16:46 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

> I have often wondered, what is all that code which appears at the
> bottom of your messages?

I'll try to give you the short version...

It's an encrypted "digest" of the particular message; a "digital
signature". Anyone with an "OpenPGP" application ("PGP" or "GnuPG")
can verify the signatures (both programs are available as freeware).
These programs are also used for strong encryption of text and other
types of files (I use them for encrypting personal email; anything
more "personal" than what I would write on a postcard).

Verifying such a signature does one thing absolutely, and *can* do
another as well...

1) Verifying a digital signature will tell the verifier if
*anything* has been altered in a message between the moment it
was signed and the moment it was verified. It won't tell the
verifier exactly what has been altered (if that's the case), but
generally, a "Bad" verification could be an indication that the
content of the message cannot be trusted to be the exact message
that was originally signed.

2) Verifying a digital signature *can* also tell the verifier that
a certain person (or "persona") has actually written the signed
message. This is a bit more involved, and has to do with what is
called the "web of trust".

If you wish to dig more deeply into this stuff, I'll be happy to
continue this via email.

> I don't see it from anyone else. I am sure (being you) it must have
> a good purpose. Do tell us...

I won't bore you with all the sordid details, but a few years ago, I
was the victim of some very malicious identity spoofing, which was
perpetrated by a lurker in a news group. The spoofing wasn't
restricted to just news groups (many of them; most that I didn't
read), but was also spread far and wide via email. It finally got so
bad that I was actually threatened (physically) in my "real life" by
a couple of people who received those spoofed messages (and yes, they
found out where I lived). After I finally got all that sorted out,
my choice was to either go completely anonymous, or to positively
claim the words I spew over the Internet. I chose the latter. In
order for this system to have any meaning, I have to be consistent in
my signing; so I even sign all the meaningless drivel I post to news
groups and mail lists. Basically, if it's not signed by my key, and
if the verification is not "Good", it cannot be trusted to have been
written by me.

There are other reasons I sign as well, and these have to do with
copyrighted material that I sometimes send over the Internet. Again,
my consistency in signing everything I write and send over the
Internet is necessary in this realm as well.

Some people will complain about the "extra bandwidth" used up by such
signatures applied to Usenet posts, and while I can try to appreciate
their concerns, it's not too difficult to look around Usenet and find
many far more egregious examples of "wasted bandwidth"...signed or
not. :)

Finally, a digital signature, if used properly, is far more secure
than a handwritten signature, as it's quite impossible to actually
forge. The explanation above is really just the tip of the iceberg,
but I hope it's enough for now. As I said, if you want to know more,
feel free to continue this via email.

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/

Wow!
Interesting, but way over my head. I do hope it achieves peace of mind for
you...

Cheers,

Quilly

I would agree with what you state there. I agree E can have some very bad
effects, but sued in moderation its not actally that halmfull. The same as
aclchole really, but then again, things that change the chemichles in your
body, even pain killers, arnt really the 100% best things for you but your
body is quite resliant

> "ccsuwxman"
>> Damage to these neurons is the
>> underlying cause of the motor disturbances seen in Parkinson's disease.
>> Symptoms of this disease begin with lack of coordination and tremors and
>> can eventually result in a form of paralysis.
>
> The anti drug forces have never done themselves any favors with these
> over-the-top scare tactics based on fuzzy science. In fact they destroy
> their credibly to the extent that kids discount all the information they
> get
> and are unaware of any actual dangers a drug.
>
> This trend began in the 1930's with Randolph Hearst's personal newspaper
> campaign to stop the growing use of marijuana in America by creating
> totally
> fabricated stories of marijuana induced crime and insanity.
>
> A year or so ago Peter Jennings did a 1 hour primetime special on Ecstasy
> uncovering the government's intentional creation of misinformation
> relating
> to brain damage and Parkinson's. The story's conclusion stated that they
> hadn't really found any physiological damage caused by the drug when used
> alone in a reasonable dose.
>

> Dallas

dallas

"Chris Harries"
> aclchole really, but then again, things that change the chemichles in your
> body, even pain killers, arnt really the 100% best things for you but your
> body is quite resliant

I once heard a Doctor say, "There's a little poison in every pill."

KDFW

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:14:39 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>I once heard a Doctor say, "There's a little poison in every pill."

Dr Who?
OK, sorry.

I take drugs for epilepsy and in the main these pills work fine.
However, when taken in excess, as I did a month or two ago, I was
landed in hospital for a couple of days. Initially, my limbs ceased to
function; next, my speach stopped (luckily, I was able to crawl to the
phone an ring an ambulance in time); and, finally, I spent a pleasant
few hours varminting all over the place. Not very nice.

James

that's a nice story, I am just glad I finished my sandwich about 30 seconds
ago :) to be fair though that's quite bad. My Nan had epilepsy, didn't do a
crazy over dose like you (lol) but she did end up going mad. something about
the epilepsy conflicting the cancer they later found in her stomach, she
basically was acting drunk all the time, like ya no 20 year old in spirit
was quite funny..until she died of course lol but better go out drunk
then...in pain...hmm that was lame lol

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
"James Hodson" <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:14:39 GMT, "Dallas"
> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:
>
>>I once heard a Doctor say, "There's a little poison in every pill."
>
> Dr Who?
> OK, sorry.
>
> I take drugs for epilepsy and in the main these pills work fine.
> However, when taken in excess, as I did a month or two ago, I was
> landed in hospital for a couple of days. Initially, my limbs ceased to
> function; next, my speach stopped (luckily, I was able to crawl to the
> phone an ring an ambulance in time); and, finally, I spent a pleasant
> few hours varminting all over the place. Not very nice.
>
> James

so, you state that if its good we pretty sure its form you and if its not
then its probably not, but how do we know if its good or not, its just a big
chunk of characters

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
Go to www.deadlyhosting.com to see what positions we have available.
--
"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Ha-ha being 18 (almost 19!!! LOL) I can guess I have lots to learn, I have
learnt something though, like working in Sainsbury's stacking shelves Friday
and Saturday 17:00-21:00 makes you want to kill your self, after like 18
months of that I eventually got changed to Saturday 13:00-21:00 which is
good as it means I get Saturday night and a lay in on Sunday and Friday
night and a lay in on Saturday, so works out really...part from I am leaving
end of July. Moral of the story, doing shite jobs you hate is so damn
annoying, just to go spend it on getting wrecked at the weekend and on
computer parts, but as my dad said, its life, so luckily I can pretend I am
a pilot on Vatsim.