What sucks about PEOPLE

abeck_23

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
This is for all the forums that go on and on about AMD vs. Intel. I've had enough of this crap, who cares anymore, lots of people use AMD and lots of people use Intel. What ever works for you! And please stop predicting the future of which company will have the better CPU, really no one knows. Both companys are smarter than us and make millions, so lets just drop the AMD vs. Intel life long battle. It's like which is better beef or chicken...mmmm beef and chicken together.

:evil:

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Perhaps this board should set up an "Argue for Your Product Prejudice" sections, where people who care about this nonsense can go and argue to their hearts content. It's one thing to say why you think one product is better than another for a particular purpose. It's quite another to post demeaning, insulting, name calling comments because someone prefers one product over another. Their are plenty of day tiime TV shows where you can watch people make a total ass of themselves screaming acccusations and insults at each other.

bulkypc07

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Yeah man your right, if you want the fastest buy newest(intel or amd) and the most expensive CPU (depends on your budget). That's the trick..
by the way i love my intel (right now) cause it worth what I paid for.. Just what i need.. but maybe in the future im goin to sayyy... goood.. bye... old fella. Heloo new one..

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
sure thing ... there is nothing wrong with the computer .. is just the looser ... sorry .... user behind the keyboard :lol:
tips for all amd users....buy an intel
tips for all intel users....buy an amd

gersson

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I think that the truth should always win out. The truth is that AMD beats out Intel in most categories @ a cheaper price point. Intel works but costs too much compared to comparable or better performance on an AMD machine. PERIOD.

If you still 'like' Intel you should really consider why you're giving favors to a large corporation.

I have no bias other than what real world benchmarks show me as well as personal experience.

If Intel beats out next time around, then I'll go with them without giving it a 2nd thought.

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
You know what really sucks about people?

people who believe they have the just right to tell you what to believe. these are the people who are the most ignorant and abnoxious of them all. Even beyond all the fanboys.

but that aside, fanboys aren't necesary bad people, but mis informed people who need a helping hand.

the "best" is what you deam it to be for your tasks at hand.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
i have always been an amd funboy....recently i`ve changed to intel...and wuaauhhhhh....it rules .. in games in everything... don`t forget guys always compare cpus at the same speed rating.........i used to have an a64 3000+ and i`ve changed to intel 3Ghz......the same card x850xt and the same amount of memory ...now is ddr2 in change...
even the games are running faster......i use antivirus scan in background and other programs......windows equals multitasking heaven ..... i don`t have to worry now about programs running in background cause i have an intel processor......don`t get me wrong amd is good proccesor but when running in multitasking os it drops..........
with the a64 processor i had to stop the antivirus ... and cut other programs in task mannager.............
both cpus are loosing power in multitask but a64 drops faster....and now i can enjoy the game and i can do other work in background
.............there is not much price difference between the two of them..i could even say you`ll find them at the same price in same shops..the only difference is between the mobos........and memory

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
some folk upstairs said it all about the real world bench...is your computer back home ....... games, background programs and other stuff.....task manager

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
beef > chicken. always. intel has their perks, but the netburst architecture is a sad piece of shit anyway you look at it.
if i bought an intel machine, i would go for some pentium m overclocking.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
i have always been an amd funboy....recently i`ve changed to intel...and wuaauhhhhh....it rules .. in games in everything... don`t forget guys always compare cpus at the same speed rating.........i used to have an a64 3000+ and i`ve changed to intel 3Ghz......the same card x850xt and the same amount of memory ...now is ddr2 in change...
even the games are running faster......i use antivirus scan in background and other programs......windows equals multitasking heaven ..... i don`t have to worry now about programs running in background cause i have an intel processor......don`t get me wrong amd is good proccesor but when running in multitasking os it drops..........
with the a64 processor i had to stop the antivirus ... and cut other programs in task mannager.............
both cpus are loosing power in multitask but a64 drops faster....and now i can enjoy the game and i can do other work in background
.............there is not much price difference between the two of them..i could even say you`ll find them at the same price in same shops..the only difference is between the mobos........and memory

Uh?

Games run faster? I'd be more inclined to believe the Multitasking part when comparing an HT enabled processor vs. a Single Core Athlon64... but the games part is a bust.

AMD processors excel in games, sure recent patches have levelled the playing field (such as Quake4) but in the grand scheme of things, nothing has really changed.

Currently the Athlon64 X2 Processor is the best Multitasking/Gaming processor architecture available.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Problem is, it realistically costs 3 billion dollars to start a single new production facility. To repeat, 3 billion dollars, or the entire state of Ohio. Also, only games that take advantage of the extra thread are faster in intel, or should i say.. game? quake4..

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Problem is, it realistically costs 3 billion dollars to start a single new production facility. To repeat, 3 billion dollars, or the entire state of Ohio.

Which is why AMD owe's ALOT of money. If fact they mortgaged there fab in Dresden before launching the K8 line.

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
ppl insult me cuz I use an Intel, and I enjoy using it. It's fast, and well worth the money, and could even beat AMD in an overclocking match. :)

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
as long as there is competition between the two .. amd versus intel .. there are always going to be good cpus .. and us happy users .. remember guys always compare cpus in the same class and ratings ..

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
the game part is no bust man .. try for your self (i have no idea ..repet no idea how in god`s name are made all these benchmarks ..) ..... remember i have used a64-s .... and they have dissapointed me ....... i recommend to you to try the new intel cpu...
x2 is not the case in here...if you want a competitor for the x2 try 8xx or 9xx.............you dissapoint me partner .... ht has nothing to do with the games......in windows 99% of the classic programs DO NOT use ht