Rosewill Announces New RK-9100 Series Mechanical Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantheman1129

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I had their last series of Mechanical keyboards...they were plagued by issues with the mini-USB connector, and my "2" button stopped working after about a month...never buying anything Rosewill again

G

gotta love how these kind of keyboards are marketed with "mechanical" as a feature

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]engineer1238546[/nom]gotta love how these kind of keyboards are marketed with "mechanical" as a feature[/citation]

complaining about that is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. That's like if you went to a ford dealership and were like "Oh man I can't believe they market these trucks with 4WD as a feature"

Of course they should market it as a feature, because it's literally your entire typing experience. If you've ever used any mech keyboard you'd realize instantly the difference and easily come to appreciate the quality of mech boards.

Back on topic, I've owned a Rosewill mech with blacks for about 3-4 months now. Only real qualm I have is that the keycaps faded fast. Like really fast, like in 3 days there was noticeable wearing on the keys. By now the shine off the caps is incredibly noticeable. It's a shame because, other than that, I like the board. I still prefer Buckling Springs (I use a Unicomp at work, love it.) but Blacks are great for gaming.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Isn't Rosewill basically like a 'house brand' for Newegg? I've always considered them to be cheaper knock-offs of other products. I have hard time using 'Rosewill' and "enthusiast" in the same sentence. (Except the one that I just wrote...)

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]gsacks[/nom]Isn't Rosewill basically like a 'house brand' for Newegg?[/citation]

Yep. Except some of their stuff is very good, such as the Rosewill Thor v2 case. amazing cooling for the money

cesthree

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]Is it just me or are these Ducky Shine rebadges?[/citation]

I don't think it's a Ducky re-brand. I've had my Ducky Year of the Dragon w/ Cherry MX browns & yellow LED backlighting (first ever mechanical keyboard for me, and can't believe I haven't had one before) for just over a month.

My Ducky really looks nothing like what's in the image, even if mine is not a Ducky Shine (since Year of the Dragon is essentially a Shine but tenkeyless).

Anyways, I could be wrong, but I don't think Rosewill is a Ducky re-brand.

Also, I wish I could fit my Ducky keyboard into my laptop case. I freaking hate these "chiclet" keys now that I know what I have been missing.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
No, rosewill mechanical keyboards are based off Filco keyboards. Also I hardly consider this an upgrade. My current rosewill does Nkey rollover on PS2. Why would I want to trade that for 6 key? I don't need backlighting. Ill pass. Also being Filco OEM, these keyboards are solid.

pikunsia

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
I bought this keyboard (RK-9100) in sale for $76.99 free S&H and I will get between April11-April18, but now I'm really afraid about this KB. How good is this KB compared with the analogous Razor? Please Help!

Hmm i have a corsair K90 for ocasional gaming (love the looks on it) and a Steelseries 6Gv2 for competitive gaming.
I do like the individual backlit however.
If this would be a good keyboard (brown switches for me i guess), id actually get one.... Ill have to check some reviews and see about it.
Thou id rather get a Flico with that backlight :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.