***** IMPORTANT *******

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
hi there, I just read an artical that basically says that any PC or video card that's being made today or in the past will not be able to play HD-def movies or games on windows vista. The artical also says that there won't be any driver updates or bios updates to fix this. the artical can be found at:

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_nvidia_hdcp_support/

i think for me its not that bad cause i don't watch movies on my PC. But I might want to later on or play games that require this feature.

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
THIS IS nothing new so to speak

HDMI scalable video link something like that with the HDCP technology.

it's a digital conveyance of the media. kind of like DVI, except it also supports audio channels and the digital encryption. a lot of TV manufacturers have started to put this link in the higher end models. but very few companies outside of them have adopted it. DVD player manufactureers and computer manufacturers are hesitant because of the copy protection means and it's ability to stop people from using the players as intended.

it's being dubbed "The way of the future". but so far it's virtually un supported. I think you might find that Microsoft might not support it so readily in the ocmming future when nobody else is really making the move. looks like DVI is here to stay for a long time