Where do I get the Nokia 6340i firmware update?

I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1 is
the newest one.

Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the Cingular
stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.

Thanks!
11 answers Last reply
More about where nokia 6340i firmware update

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:07:32 GMT, "M. B."
    <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote:

    >I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1 is
    >the newest one.
    >
    >Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the Cingular
    >stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.

    Nokia service centers can update the firmware. There's one in Florida
    and one in Minnesota that can do firmware upgrades.

    In article <8U4Zc.2816$TG.697@trndny01>,
    M. B. <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote:
    >I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1 is
    >the newest one.
    >
    >Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the Cingular
    >stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.

    Call (or email) Nokia USA and ask for the location of a nearby Level 2 or
    3 service center.

    You can also get that info online in the support section.

    Chris

    "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

    > In article <8U4Zc.2816$TG.697@trndny01>,
    > M. B. <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1 is
    >>the newest one.
    >>
    >>Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the
    >>Cingular
    >>stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.
    >
    > Call (or email) Nokia USA and ask for the location of a nearby Level 2 or
    > 3 service center.

    That's online at Nokia-sorry.

    Chris

    "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
    > You can also get that info online in the support section.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In article <8U4Zc.2816$TG.697@trndny01>,
    >> M. B. <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>>I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1
    >>>is
    >>>the newest one.
    >>>
    >>>Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the
    >>>Cingular
    >>>stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.
    >>
    >> Call (or email) Nokia USA and ask for the location of a nearby Level 2 or
    >> 3 service center.

    you have to go to a cingular OWNED store that has a tech. its free also.
    larry
    "M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1 is
    > the newest one.
    >
    > Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the
    Cingular
    > stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Here in the Detroit area, all the Cingular company owned stores stopped
    doing any firmware upgrades more than 2 1/2 years ago due to too many phones
    going kaput during the upgrade. So your suggestion won't work here, an
    outside vendor has to be used (level 2 or 3).

    Chris

    "Larrry" <2roo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > you have to go to a cingular OWNED store that has a tech. its free also.
    > larry
    > "M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1
    >> is
    >> the newest one.
    >>
    >> Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the
    > Cingular
    >> stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    houston cingular did it to mine one week ago.
    larry
    > Here in the Detroit area, all the Cingular company owned stores stopped
    > doing any firmware upgrades more than 2 1/2 years ago due to too many
    phones
    > going kaput during the upgrade. So your suggestion won't work here, an
    > outside vendor has to be used (level 2 or 3).
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Larrry" <2roo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > you have to go to a cingular OWNED store that has a tech. its free also.
    > > larry
    > > "M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >> I have the Nokia 6340i. My firmware is 8.04.1. I know that 8.06.1
    > >> is
    > >> the newest one.
    > >>
    > >> Now, WHERE/HOW can I get this update? I am in New York, and the
    > > Cingular
    > >> stores no longer sell the GAIT phones anymore.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks!

    Cingular killed my phone during an attempted upgrade, then they gave me a new
    phone...I checked that phone a few days later, and the firmware was not
    upgraded in the new phone, so I took it back, and during the download of the
    new firmware, they killed that one too! They gave me yet another 6340i, and
    I've given up on any upgrades...
    Aaron Worley

    That's why they stopped doing them 2 1/2 years ago in the Detroit market.

    Chris

    "Aaron Worley" <aworley11896@aol.comjnkbgone> wrote in message
    > Cingular killed my phone during an attempted upgrade, then they gave me a
    > new
    > phone...I checked that phone a few days later, and the firmware was not
    > upgraded in the new phone, so I took it back, and during the download of
    > the
    > new firmware, they killed that one too! They gave me yet another 6340i,
    > and
    > I've given up on any upgrades...
    > Aaron Worley
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <20040903034626.13148.00000032@mb-m28.aol.com> on 03 Sep 2004 07:46:26 GMT,
    aworley11896@aol.comjnkbgone (Aaron Worley) wrote:

    >Cingular killed my phone during an attempted upgrade, then they gave me a new
    >phone...I checked that phone a few days later, and the firmware was not
    >upgraded in the new phone, so I took it back, and during the download of the
    >new firmware, they killed that one too! They gave me yet another 6340i, and
    >I've given up on any upgrades...

    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    This is for M. B.

    I have a Router problem and saw your posts in another group about your
    router disconnections. I'm having same problem with a Belkin router.
    Where can I email you with my question?

    Thanks

Cingular Firmware Nokia Internet Service Providers