Realistic Clouds

Need some ideas on what would be the most realistic settings for
clouds......Default stock install of FS with a ATI 9800 Pro.

tia
meh
6 answers Last reply
More about realistic clouds

    "meh",
    If you want to go with the default clouds in FS9, then try this:
    Try going into your Settings---Display---and select the Weather
    tab. Then set the 3D cloud percentage to 100%, and be sure that "Detailed
    Clouds" has been selected. Try this and see if it improves the way that your
    clouds
    look. I am using an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with these couds settings, and my
    clouds look great to me.

    Randy L.

    "meh" <nospammehogberg@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Need some ideas on what would be the most realistic settings for
    > clouds......Default stock install of FS with a ATI 9800 Pro.
    >

    > tia
    > meh

    Thanks to all. I will try the proposed ideas...

    meh

    "meh" <nospammehogberg@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Need some ideas on what would be the most realistic settings for
    > clouds......Default stock install of FS with a ATI 9800 Pro.
    >

    > tia
    > meh

    I am very impressed with the huge scope of FS Sky World 2004 obtainable from

    http://fsw.simflight.com

    There is a large choice of clouds which you can change at will.

    This is what it does, Freeware too.

    World 2004 Environment Enhancement.

    The goal of Fs Sky World 2004 is to increase the variety of FS2004 textures
    including: clouds,

    sky, landing light, snow, sun, moon, lens flare and more. This Utility
    allows you to modify the

    current textures in FS2004 by selecting a pre-defined set. You can also
    select a flight situation,

    Start Msfs 2004 and play sound within the program.

    Feature Summary

    § World Wide Clouds

    § Environment Texture; Sun, Moon, Snow fix, Clouds, Sky, Runways Lights,
    Landing

    lights, Lens flare etc.

    § Splash Screen Randomizer

    § Utility Texture Manager

    § Randomize clouds & texture

    § Select situation/clouds and Start Msfs 2004

    § Play WAV sound, MP3 and CD player tracks

    § Compatibility With Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

    § Compatibility with 3rd Party Weather Generator Active Sky

    § Compatibility, Microsoft Windows 98, Me, 2000 and Xp

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:33:41 -0600, "RandyL"
    <rlink"nospam"@cableone.net> wrote:

    >"meh",
    > If you want to go with the default clouds in FS9, then try this:
    > Try going into your Settings---Display---and select the Weather
    >tab. Then set the 3D cloud percentage to 100%, and be sure that "Detailed
    >Clouds" has been selected. Try this and see if it improves the way that your
    >clouds
    >look. I am using an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with these couds settings, and my
    >clouds look great to me.
    >
    >Randy L.
    >
    >"meh" <nospammehogberg@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Need some ideas on what would be the most realistic settings for
    >> clouds......Default stock install of FS with a ATI 9800 Pro.
    >>

    >> tia
    >> meh

    Best clouds I have ever seen in MSFS or any sim for that matter is FS
    Enhance by Flight1 for the clouds and Active Sky for the cloud
    assignments. You can't beat it for realism.

    Bob

    Lawn Dart <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

    > I still haven't gotten "ActiveSky" yet, but it does seem to look very
    > good from the screen shots I've seen. Here's where you can purchase
    > it:

    ActiveSky only places the clouds, it doesn't control the textures. For
    realistic cloud textures, I recommend getting the FS Skyworld 2004, a free
    download from a link posted elsewhere in this thread.

    --
    Peter

Games Microsoft Video Games