Canon Pixma IP 5000

Hi Gang and Gooday from New Zealand,
Can anyone tell me how you can use Sure Thing Label Design Software to work
with the Pixma 5000 C.D Printing facility that we have on our Pixma 5000
Range down here in New Zealand..????
The Software that comes with the Canon is very basic and not a patch on Sure
Thing???
Thanks in Advance and Seasons Greetings from the Bottom of the world
6 answers Last reply
More about canon pixma 5000

    fay10 wrote:
    > Hi Gang and Gooday from New Zealand,
    > Can anyone tell me how you can use Sure Thing Label Design Software
    > to work with the Pixma 5000 C.D Printing facility that we have on our
    > Pixma 5000 Range down here in New Zealand..????
    > The Software that comes with the Canon is very basic and not a patch
    > on Sure Thing???
    > Thanks in Advance and Seasons Greetings from the Bottom of the world

    It works but you must select CDR tray, which is a bit complicated (at
    first). In fact, you must open Canon's printer properties, then in Main tab:
    'Media Type' - select 'Printable disc(recomended)' - 'Paper source' will
    automatically set itself to 'Disc Tray'. Then under 'Page Setup' tab select
    'page size' to 'CD-R Tray B'. That's it.

    Thanks Sleeperman ...will Try that....I believe the incredable option to
    Print diect to Disk is not available on the North American version of the
    Pixma 4000&5000...The Print quality with this is amazing??
    "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    > fay10 wrote:
    > > Hi Gang and Gooday from New Zealand,
    > > Can anyone tell me how you can use Sure Thing Label Design Software
    > > to work with the Pixma 5000 C.D Printing facility that we have on our
    > > Pixma 5000 Range down here in New Zealand..????
    > > The Software that comes with the Canon is very basic and not a patch
    > > on Sure Thing???
    > > Thanks in Advance and Seasons Greetings from the Bottom of the world
    >
    > It works but you must select CDR tray, which is a bit complicated (at
    > first). In fact, you must open Canon's printer properties, then in Main
    tab:
    > 'Media Type' - select 'Printable disc(recomended)' - 'Paper source' will
    > automatically set itself to 'Disc Tray'. Then under 'Page Setup' tab
    select
    > 'page size' to 'CD-R Tray B'. That's it.

    Unfortunately while this method lets you actually print from Sure
    Thing...The patern is completly out of alignment as Sure thing dont support
    the Pixma 5000......... Yes...
    I did try all you said Sleeperman and it worked ,however it only printed the
    top half of the label!!!
    Is there a Fix???

    fay10 wrote:
    > Unfortunately while this method lets you actually print from Sure
    > Thing...The patern is completly out of alignment as Sure thing dont
    > support the Pixma 5000......... Yes...
    > I did try all you said Sleeperman and it worked ,however it only
    > printed the top half of the label!!!
    > Is there a Fix???

    Hmmm...
    I only tried a couple of times...but i remember i also needed to calibrate
    it...for this i used old coasters (normal ones, not printables), i just left
    label blank, i only draw a circle in outer edge - in black color and even on
    normal CDR's you can see this black print. I tried several times in order to
    get aligned label.
    Top half...??? very strange... maybe you have set wrong paper size in
    surething? If i remember correct, i measured original CDR tray for this and
    i entered size of it into surething. I guess some try and see will be
    needed.
    Print quality is quite good, although it's not like some would want - like
    photo, so you couldn't see any difference between printed and factory CDR -
    you CAN see it, but it's, like i said, quite good. Unfortunately, printable
    CDR's are pretty expensive compared to normal ones...
    Finally,,,i believe that american version really doesn't have CDR print
    capability...
    and sorry for late reply...i've been away....

    > "fay10" <faye10@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> Thanks Sleeperman ...will Try that....I believe the incredable
    >> option to Print diect to Disk is not available on the North American
    >> version of the Pixma 4000&5000...The Print quality with this is
    >> amazing?? "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> It works but you must select CDR tray, which is a bit complicated
    >>> (at first). In fact, you must open Canon's printer properties, then
    >>> in Main tab: 'Media Type' - select 'Printable disc(recomended)' -
    >>> 'Paper source' will automatically set itself to 'Disc Tray'. Then
    >>> under 'Page Setup' tab select 'page size' to 'CD-R Tray B'. That's
    >>> it.

    If all else fails, you can use the following clumsy method. I have used this
    method to print a copy of the original disk onto a backup copy.
    Print the label onto plain paper, then scan the image to a file. Next using
    your photo editing program, trim the scanned image to a disk shape and save
    it.

    You can then use the "Add an Image" facility of Canon's CD Label program to
    copy the image onto the label to be printed.

    I did say it was a little clumsy.

    Bob

    --
    Remove "NOSPAM" to reply
    > fay10 wrote:
    > > Unfortunately while this method lets you actually print from Sure
    > > Thing...The patern is completly out of alignment as Sure thing dont
    > > support the Pixma 5000......... Yes...
    > > I did try all you said Sleeperman and it worked ,however it only
    > > printed the top half of the label!!!
    > > Is there a Fix???
    >
    > Hmmm...
    > I only tried a couple of times...but i remember i also needed to calibrate
    > it...for this i used old coasters (normal ones, not printables), i just
    left
    > label blank, i only draw a circle in outer edge - in black color and even
    on
    > normal CDR's you can see this black print. I tried several times in order
    > get aligned label.
    > Top half...??? very strange... maybe you have set wrong paper size in
    > surething? If i remember correct, i measured original CDR tray for this
    and
    > i entered size of it into surething. I guess some try and see will be
    > needed.
    > Print quality is quite good, although it's not like some would want - like
    > photo, so you couldn't see any difference between printed and factory
    CDR -
    > you CAN see it, but it's, like i said, quite good. Unfortunately,
    printable
    > CDR's are pretty expensive compared to normal ones...
    > Finally,,,i believe that american version really doesn't have CDR print
    > capability...
    > and sorry for late reply...i've been away....
    >

    > > "fay10" <faye10@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message
    > >> Thanks Sleeperman ...will Try that....I believe the incredable
    > >> option to Print diect to Disk is not available on the North American
    > >> version of the Pixma 4000&5000...The Print quality with this is
    > >> amazing?? "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message

    Thanks Bob and Thanks Sleeper man...printable C.Ds down here in New Zealand
    are a bout twenty cents us each..(60cents N.Z) and when printed with the
    simple program that comes with the Pixma 5000 come out looking absolutely
    awesome..(particularly photos ect)
    I can use Sure thing to print to Stomper Labels or The New Zealand Label
    Varieties, and then use my Stomper machine to put them on and they come out
    perfect almost..(But not as good as direct printing.)
    Sleeper man I am almost half there with your Instructions to use Surething
    and then change Printer Settings But need to Centre the Circle I think!!!
    Another way is to use Surething or Nero.to design the Label and then export
    it as a bitmap or jpeg..then use that as your Total background...
    "Double Handling" I hear you say!!!But it sort of works..
    Any more Ideas would be greatly appreciated as I love the CD Print function
    on the Printer!!!
    Thanks Gang!!
    "Bob Burke" <bobburke@optusnet.com.au.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > If all else fails, you can use the following clumsy method. I have used
    this
    > method to print a copy of the original disk onto a backup copy.
    > Print the label onto plain paper, then scan the image to a file. Next
    using
    > your photo editing program, trim the scanned image to a disk shape and
    save
    > it.
    >
    > You can then use the "Add an Image" facility of Canon's CD Label program
    > copy the image onto the label to be printed.
    >
    > I did say it was a little clumsy.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > --
    > Remove "NOSPAM" to reply
    > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    > > fay10 wrote:
    > > > Unfortunately while this method lets you actually print from Sure
    > > > Thing...The patern is completly out of alignment as Sure thing dont
    > > > support the Pixma 5000......... Yes...
    > > > I did try all you said Sleeperman and it worked ,however it only
    > > > printed the top half of the label!!!
    > > > Is there a Fix???
    > >
    > > Hmmm...
    > > I only tried a couple of times...but i remember i also needed to
    calibrate
    > > it...for this i used old coasters (normal ones, not printables), i just
    > left
    > > label blank, i only draw a circle in outer edge - in black color and
    even
    > on
    > > normal CDR's you can see this black print. I tried several times in
    order
    > > get aligned label.
    > > Top half...??? very strange... maybe you have set wrong paper size in
    > > surething? If i remember correct, i measured original CDR tray for this
    > and
    > > i entered size of it into surething. I guess some try and see will be
    > > needed.
    > > Print quality is quite good, although it's not like some would want -
    like
    > > photo, so you couldn't see any difference between printed and factory
    > CDR -
    > > you CAN see it, but it's, like i said, quite good. Unfortunately,
    > printable
    > > CDR's are pretty expensive compared to normal ones...
    > > Finally,,,i believe that american version really doesn't have CDR print
    > > capability...
    > > and sorry for late reply...i've been away....
    > >

    > > > "fay10" <faye10@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message

Printers Pixma Canon Software Peripherals