Overcoming Broken Volume Switch on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshea

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
I have a Toshiba Satellite with a broken volume control wheel on the front of the laptop. The wheel seams to have come off its hinge. The problem being that when it came off, the volume setting was set to off, so I have no volume on my laptop anymore.

Is there a way to over-ride the dial setting and control the volume through software?

This is on a WinXP with SoundMAX.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I have a Toshiba Satellite with a broken volume control wheel on the front of the laptop. The wheel seams to have come off its hinge. The problem being that when it came off, the volume setting was set to off, so I have no volume on my laptop anymore.

Is there a way to over-ride the dial setting and control the volume through software?

This is on a WinXP with SoundMAX.

No,

You'll need to get her fixed. If she's under warranty then you're in the clear.. If not then you may want to bring her into a PC shop for repairs.

koshea

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
Yeah, it is under warranty... but this is on my work laptop and I wanted to avoid having to drop it off, or worse, having to have it sent away (through Futureshop).

G

You could use a USB Audio device, such as that made by Turtle Beach.
The headphone jack on our club's Satelite broke, and that's what we used to work around that. Audio device has mic and headphone outputs - this will not fix it to provide sound thru the internal speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS