Best AMD Non sli Mobo

wigman

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
Gentlemen and ladies of course! I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me a recomendation for a non sli AMD Atx socket 939 Mobo,and top of the line goes without question. Thanks

pcrig

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Gentlemen and ladies of course! I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me a recomendation for a non sli AMD Atx socket 939 Mobo,and top of the line goes without question. Thanks

I would recommend A8N SLI Premium as non SLI board (1 x 16 x). Futures not available on other boards. Worth every penny!

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005

See mine in the signature. Nice if you gotta agp vid card and will eventually go pci-e as well. Nice because of the stability as well as the price.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Ultra-D is a non-sli solution, but at the same time it is. If I go to a crafts store, buy a special pencil and make a mark on my chipset, it instantly becomes an SLi board. not bad, eh? anyway, its still a great board regardless, although I have to admit it is a pain in my ass occasionally...

HumbleGod

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Without budget limitation: DFI LANParty NF4 Ultra-D
With " ": EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra

I have the EPox 9NPA + SLI (though not using SLI at this time), and I have nothing but praise for it. Thorough menu options, enough ports, etc for everything you'd want, and lots of goodies included.

It's hard to find this mobo now (EPoX has new models that so far haven't garnered too many positive reviews), but I believe TigerDirect still sells them. Check the Tom's Stores link.

wigman

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
Thanks to all who replied Ive been looking into some of the above mentioned boards and appreciate all your help.

Thanks again!!

thebunny

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
it was in the Cell Menu where we found all of the K8N Neo4 Platinum's overclocking and memory configuration options. MSI's Core Cell chip, which is installed on this board, monitors fan speeds, voltages, and temperatures, and all of the readings are available in the BIOS or from within Windows when running MSI's Core Cell application. Using the data being monitored by the Core Cell chip, the K8N Neo4 can dynamically overclock a processor, but we left that option disabled throughout all of our testing in the name of fair play. Users can also overclock their processors manually using some of the other options available in the Cell Menu.
copy paste form here http://www.msi.com.tw/program/newsrelease/news_page.php?UID=430
btw that convinced me to buy this board :roll:

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
hm, i encourage their innovation, but really i don't see a need for that since all modern processors/video cards/chipsets support temp reading and can monitor fan speeds. also, Clockgen can overclock within windows, but i could see where that could have lots of problem deciding where to stop overclocking, as some processors run really cool but still can't go any higher (take my 3200 venice for example)

thebunny

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
you are right about that, but the nice thing is that the core cell menu( in the bios) can let you choose how much the maximum overckocking will be for example 5 or 10%.
and when the sistem feels that it does not need overclocking (movies, word processing and stuff) it will return to normal parameters.
sincerely i haven't tried it yet but i will in a short time :wink:

thebunny

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
i don't know exactly how it does it but i read in a few magazine rewiews that it can considerably increase the sistem performance. gues ill have to try it myself. :twisted: :wink:

I like my MSI K8N Neo4 Ultra. It's been rock solid for me despite some of the bad reviews on Newegg. The corecell idea is ok for amateur overclockers, but don't expect huge gains. You're better off to disable corecell's oc'ing and tweak the settings manually. Also, corecell has the same pitfalls as manual oc'ing. At high settings your rig may fail to even post and you'll be forced to hit the reset button on the bios. Other than that, this board has plenty of features.

wigman

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
Thanks to all im going with the A8n Sli Prem in non sli mode for now. because of features and it should be future proof for awhile.