Neon lights, wierd problem

courtney4

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Hey guys.

I put my neon lights inside my case and turned my PC on. Nothing happened...i fiddled with the nobs on the back of my PC until i got a flicker of light from one of them for less than a second. Now, whatever i do i cannot get them to light up anymore. I know there is probably very little you guys can suggest, but is it possible that they blew?

also at the back of my PC there is a switch (on, off and S/C ) ...can anyone tell me...wtf does S/C mean! lol

thx and sorry if this is a stupid question but i have no ideas.

eviltechie

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I don't know enough about these to tell you why they aren't working. But I am nearly positive that S/C means sound controlled (light intensity will vary depending on the volume of sound in the area).

ProHandyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Yes, sc is sound controlled... so there should be a "sensitivity" adjustment on the inverter.

Make sure the molex power plug is fully inserted into each connector, and that the neon's/cold cathodes connector is fully seated in the inverter. If you are using a "dual" setup, try unplugging one tube first to see if the inverter doesn't have the strength to drive two tubes.

If you are using automotive type neons, and converted the wiring for use in your PC, double check that you have not mixed the negative and positive wires. Double check to make sure all wiring is still intact, and hasn't become "disconnected" or "broken".

If all the above fail, either you have a bad inverter, or bad tubes.