Will this Ram work on this Mobo?

Nemmith

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I have read a few articles that say that the Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO DDR Memory will work on the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo. But I am confused the Mobo states that it will handle up to DDR400, but the RAM is listed at DDR437. So my question is will it work? Even though I see plenty articles stating it will I want to make sure before I spend the money on it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your problem is, that you don't understand what PC3500 and faster DDR SDRAM really is! It's really PC3200. Really!

These companies come up with RAM that has been tested stable at higher than normal speeds. But when they program the RAM, it tells BIOS that it's PC3200.

Heck, the modules you mention were LAUNCHED WITH THE BOARD YOU LISTED. The launch was a collaboration between Asus and Corsair, so of course they work.

What happens when you put the system together is, it boots and treats the RAM as PC3200. Everything is great! Then, if you want to optimize timings, you go into BIOS and raise the vDIMM to its rated voltage, then lower the CAS latencies to their rated settings. And Viola, perfect system.

From that point, if you'd like to overclock to DDR437 (which uses an actual bus clock of 218MHz), you'll also overclock your CPU by 9% (from 200 to 218).