THEY WANT ME TO CHANGE MY NICK NAME

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe, I’m risking myself to be banned by making these statements public, but since the mods doesn’t likes my nickname, I want to know what the users of this forum think about it.
(It’s funny that after posting since last year and having more than 120 posts, they’re only complaining till now).

Here's the first PM message:

Hello,

We have started to receive many complaints about your username, if you can please provide a new username that you would like I can change it while preserving your post count.

While your username may have been ok in the old forums unfortunately it is not anymore.

Max Wilson

Maybe, I’m risking myself to be banned by making these statements public, but since the mods doesn’t likes my nickname, I want to know what the users of this forum think about it.
(It’s funny that after posting since last year, they’re only complaining till now).

Second PM (this one looks threatening):

You need to give me or webdog a new username ... BullShitter is a violation of our TOS

Quote:
User agrees not to use nicknames that might be deemed abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise inappropriate. User agrees not to use nicknames that might mislead other Users. This includes but is not limited to using nicknames that impersonate developers, staff, or other Users, or other individuals outside of TGP.

Please do so by tomorrow - or we will suspend your posting privileges

Jake Barnes, Moderator

PS - This is the 2nd request!
]

Everyone in the forum: You have the last word.

DASTRAL

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I dont really care what your name is, as long as your posting remains civil.

However i totally agree with the mods
1) You dont respect the TOS
2) Your name might offend some people

I also find that their PM were very nice & civil too.

Change it :)

RichPLS

Champion
It was a cool idea, but when it comes right down to it, they make the rulez and call the shotz.
WTF, if you can handle a title like that, surely you can concoct another, who's BS'n who? :twisted:

HDDFreak

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
B***S******, I think that you should get off your soap box for a moment and consider the fact that young people out there use this site as well and they don't need to be exposed to this rubbish. I think that it would be a great idea to change your user name. It doesn't offend me but I wouldn't do a thing that you said for fear of you BullS******* me.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
That's funny I was just done reading the other furom about this indicent act. But I don't think your name is offensive. Why, what's their main reason to make you change your handle name?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Man, it's a bunch of text on a website , "BullShit", no different then "Software" or "Hardware", just happens to use these so-called "bad words". If they don't want you using those names, there happens to be the ability to Restrict Usernames (or is Tomz Forumz not that "advanced" yet?) I think the Mods should lay off, it's a name, sheesh. Am I gonna get sanctioned for having "Pimpin" at the bottom? (Awaits the Mods, lol).

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

I don't know why the admin hasn't booted you out already. Nobody wants to see or read crap like that. We come here for input and advice and we have to read volgarity....?

If somebody gave you that name....take the hint.....if you gave yourself that name....................?

You definately need some kind of professional help, and if I were you I wouldn't wait too long to get it !

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
They have the final say. It's not a huge deal to change your name so just do it. Don't be hard-headed over something this small--save the hard-headedness for issues that matter!

IDEV

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
If the name breaks the TOS then what do you expect the Mods to do?

They've been tasked with keeping the boards within the boundaries of the Rules, and they are doing their job. It's not personal. They spend more time here than they want to, listen to every single complaint that anyone can (and usually do) make about anything and everyone, and when they have to enforce the rules, it makes people react horribly. And.. guess what - they don't even get paid to catch all this crap.

So... give them a break, and change your name. :)

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah man, before you know it they will take your name as sexually offensive. Richard=Dick :lol: No offense.

Bullshitter, a person who talks crap and full of sh$t.

Bullsh$t would be consider a swear word.

Whatever happened to the freedom of speech, to be able to express yourself as a person.

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
Their forum, their rules. If they want you to go by CrackSmokingFairyPrincess then I would comply. They are providing a service to you so they can dictate the terms of service.

So STFU, quit your whining and change your name NOW! :evil:

Coelocanth

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
Everyone in the forum: You have the last word.

Actually, no. The moderators have the last word. :wink:

Your handle doesn't bother me, but it obviously bothers others (as the PMs you got have noted). Since that's the case, and your name's violating the rules, you're obliged to change it. But I wonder why you felt the need to choose a name that skirts the edges of acceptability? In most cases of this nature, I've found it's a deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction (I moderate a game developer's forum and have seen this kind of thing numerous times).

As to a previous comment about freedom of speech: I find it interesting that any time something of this nature comes along, someone always brings up the 'freedom of speech' argument. Fact is, it's not violating your FoS, since you're still free to speak any way you like - just not here where the rules are laid out beforehand.

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
change your name... think of it this way, you keep your name that way, and you will be removed or have it changed, why don't you just change it and stay? Simple as that. No logical reason why not to, since it's not exactly a nice name anyway.

ShortyNumber45

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
listen to the mods go get a new nickname change it into something like "bullchitter", or "bullcheater" or "bullshutter" may sounds good and so that we may still recognize you... :D

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I would definitely say change it...it is somewhat idiotic not to. Plus it will probably be changed in the end anyway. I can easily see how some could consider it offensive. Use your brains...change it.

Finneus

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I would just change it, I go under several different names on different forums ( whatever I feel like at the moment I sign up). Its just a name, it doesn't mean anyone is going to treat you differently.
What does it matter what the heck you call yourself!!!. Put the initials "BS" before or after whatever name you pick if you feel that tied to it....how bout' "BS Nick Name" or "Nick the BS Name"