Bluetooth GPS Receiver - Reccommendations?

September 20, 2004 10:17:51 PM

Hi,

Just got a new Dell X30, and would like to start using it for Sat Nav.

Will be using TomTom and Memory map software.

Looking to purchase the best bluetooth Gps to suit this setup.

Any advice would be very helpful.

thanks

al
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 11:21:35 PM

"al" <alans220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just got a new Dell X30, and would like to start using it for Sat Nav.
>
> Will be using TomTom and Memory map software.
>
> Looking to purchase the best bluetooth Gps to suit this setup.

I've just got one from these guys: http://www.gridelectronics.co.uk/

It's the same as a Rikaline 6030 and performs flawlessly, picks up on
average, 3-4 more satelites than my Garmin handheld unit.

Service and price are good too.

Ian
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 1:15:50 AM

Ian Rutson wrote:
> "al" <alans220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just got a new Dell X30, and would like to start using it for Sat
>> Nav. Will be using TomTom and Memory map software.
>>
>> Looking to purchase the best bluetooth Gps to suit this setup.
>>

> I've just got one from these guys: http://www.gridelectronics.co.uk/
>
> It's the same as a Rikaline 6030 and performs flawlessly, picks up on
> average, 3-4 more satelites than my Garmin handheld unit.
>
> Service and price are good too.
>
> Ian

I'd recommend the Fortuna Clip-On, Leadtek 9537 (Rikaline 6030 is the same
unit) or GlobalSat BT308 as good units to consider. Reviews of all these
and more on our website.

--
Darren Griffin
PocketGPSWorld - www.pocketgpsworld.com

Just bought a Rikaline 6031-X7, and I love it. I only just started using
it, but I went for it because it has a longer battery life than others (or
at least it's meant to.)

Paul

"al" <alans220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just got a new Dell X30, and would like to start using it for Sat Nav.
>
> Will be using TomTom and Memory map software.
>
> Looking to purchase the best bluetooth Gps to suit this setup.
>
> Any advice would be very helpful.
>
> thanks
>
> al

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:58:03 PM

I can recommend, additionally to the Globalsat BT-308 already said, the
Royaltek RBT1000 and the Mobile Crossing BT GPS.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

!