Creative SB Augigy issues please help

denster

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2005
I have a creative sound blaster audigy card, it is the first one I believe. It has worked fine for the most part, but just recently whenever I would change applications, like from listening to music in iTunes, to putting a dvd in or vice versa, I would get this loud continuous stuttering noise, and I would have to restart windows to get everything back to normal. (changing settings in Audio Properties did not resolve the issue, like just switching output to Realtek AC97 Audio, then back to SBAudigy, hoping it would recover... to no avail...

That is one issue, which it seems to come and go, but does not always happen. I updated the software for my card, to no avail.

Here is another issue which just developed.
I just installed The Lord of The Rings game, and No sound... It actually wipes out my sound all together. When I go to the sound mixer for SBAudigy, the settings for eax are gone, just a blank box....??? I have to restart to get my sound back again...

Does anyone have any idea what is causing all of this?

Aspire XPlorer
A8N-SLI Premium
550W Black Beauty PS
AMD64 X2 4400+ w/Zalman Cooler
3 GB Corsair XMS
250GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA II
GeForce 6200 Turbo
SBAudigy
Terminator TV/FM Card (for Jazz radio)
Olevia 26" Widescreen
Logitech Mx Laser Mouse
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard/Saitek wireless Game Controller
NEC DL DVDRW
Memorex DVDRW
80GB Seagate Ext. Hard Drive
30GB Apple iPod Video
Windows XP SP2 (updated)

sturm

Splendid
Try disabling the onboard audio in the bios and also make sure its disabled or not even present in windows. Sometimes having two sound "cards" installed at once can cause conflicts.