Has anyone else experienced this?

I posted earlier asking for help regarding the way XP refreshes my screen.
When I scroll through documents or web pages, the contents don't slide up
and down the screen, rather, waves move up or down as the screen refreshes
itself and scrolling is slow and seems labored. I'm just wondering if this
could be due to my graphics card because I can't find any
setting/configuration that changes this behavior. I have a GeForce FX5200
card that SHOULD be more than adequate for my demands.

Am I the only person that experiences this?

--
joe
/*------- A new survey of online daters found that

More than likely, you simply need to download the latest nVidia drivers for
your 5200 card. Of course, there are several other possibilities; such as not
enough main memory, a slow Inet connection, etc. Xp functions best, in my
opinion, with at least 512 megs of ram.

Too many folks think Xp is a glorified version of 98se or ME - it is not.
For XP to function correctly and error free it needs a fast machine with
plenty of hard drive space and plenty of ram.

I have 98se loaded on my old laptop; slow 150 megahertz machine, slow
(small) hard drive, only 48 megs of ram, and it does the same thing you are
describing.

vince

"flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerhe" wrote:

> I posted earlier asking for help regarding the way XP refreshes my screen.
> When I scroll through documents or web pages, the contents don't slide up
> and down the screen, rather, waves move up or down as the screen refreshes
> itself and scrolling is slow and seems labored. I'm just wondering if this
> could be due to my graphics card because I can't find any
> setting/configuration that changes this behavior. I have a GeForce FX5200
> card that SHOULD be more than adequate for my demands.
>
> Am I the only person that experiences this?
>
> --
> joe
> /*------- A new survey of online daters found that
> 47% of people believe that their online date will
> go well... the other 53% are still missing. -------*/

i just installed xp on a pc with an nvidia board. had to update all nvidia
drivers. after that video was fine. keep in mind your card could be going
bad. good news is that nvidia makes it very easy to update items.