Any interest in "value" memory benchmarks?

Would you read such an article?

• Yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

mpjesse

Splendid
Quick question: does anyone have any interest in reading an article that reviews/benchmarks "value RAM" from the top manufacturers? (i.e., Corsair, Kington, Geil, OCZ, Crucial, etc) I myself am curious to see if the "quality value RAM" addage has any real meaning.

-mpjesse

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Sure man, I used to have it in my gaming rig and was able to clocked it from 533 to 700 stable. Its the corsair value ram 2x1Gb at 533. Now I used it in my older pc, overclock but don't know the optimum settings for it. So the review should help in increasing performance in my older gaming pc. :)

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah... i want to get an idea if there's a superior "value RAM" and what the price/performance ratio is for each manufacturer.

IE, is corsair's value RAM better than OCZ's? If so, are they priced the same? That kind of stuff.

-mpjesse

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
That would be cool to know whats the best value ram for performance and value. Not everyone are able to afford them expensive high performance ram.

Before I was using the Corsair 2x1Gb value ram and clock it from 533 to 700 with 5-5-12-19 something like that at 2.0 volts. I know I could do better but I don't know how good this ram compare to other value ram out there.

A poll would be good, but a review would yeild accurate results.

DuxSyagrius

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Right. I was am a proponent of more real life benchmarks. Sometimes the numbers we find all over the next do not reflect true performance increases. Sometimes the graphs are very misleading too. You really have to read the fine print. On a side note, I would like to see Benchmarks with more real life components. i hate these new GPU reviews with FX CPUs, Raptor HDDs, and $200 mobos and what not. I think we need an "average joe's" type website for all of us sub-geniuses and middle class schmuks. I really like this value RAM idea. Maybe we can all collaborate with each other using standard real life programs and report stats on a special thread. I have actually PM'd alot of people here to ask the about any stuff they have that I have been wanting to buy (except for Prozac and his 1ghz athlon LOL!!!!!) Nothing but love for ya Prozac...

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Okay, I don't know much about benchmarking test in the first place. So whatever is the best way to get accurate testing and in real life application would be greatly appricieted. And I want to see how my value ram stock up against other brands on the market. :D