How to tell 6000 dpi in Intellimouse

G

Hi
How does one find out if a WheelMouse Optical is 6000dpi capable ?
The part no is X05-41694.
Although it says "Intellieye" on the box, a sticker also says 33% faster...which may mean its an older model
So which one is correct ?
Ashay

G

I'll Bump this post. I'm looking for the 6000 dpi version of the MS Wheel Mouse too and am having difficulty.

I thinks the version 3 only applies to the Explorer Mouse.
Based upon what I've been able to physically see (Comparing to Explorer Mouse V3) the 6000 dpi mouse has a slight rectangular emitter verses the round type found in other MS optical mice. The M$ hardware site is no help, and if you want to find or ask for more product information, it appears you have to go to a pay site (Which really stinks). The MS Wheel Mouse has a link to the Intellieye feature which they say is 6000 dpi. However, if you select the "buy" button, the information provided says 1500 dpi. See: <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wmo_info.asp" target="_new">http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wmo_info.asp</A>

If Tom was able to get a 6000 dpi version, I'm curious to find out where he got it and what the Part Number and version, or any other identifiable features are.

FatBurger

Illustrious
You're in luck, I have my v3 box sitting next to me. Too bad the guy 3 months ago wasn't as lucky...

On the top part of the box it says "IM Explorer 3.0 Win32 PS2/USB English NA"

On the back under #1 it says "...scanning your desktop 6,000 times per second..."

Model number listed under the top of the box (you have to open it to see it) is "X08-20809 REV A"

That should help you out.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

Thanks for the reply. However, all Explorer V3 mice here are the 6000dpi versions, but it's impossible to tell if the "WheelMouse Optical" (a different model) is. The WheelMouse does not have the side buttons and is easier to pick up and place than the Explorer Mouse because it has more vertical sides (primary reason I'm looking for this one).

FatBurger

Illustrious
It it's not an Explorer, then it can't be v3, and can't be 6000 dpi.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

How do you like the Explorer V3?
Any lag, reaction time, and placement problems compared to other mice you might have tried?

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've used a generic optical, the Logitech cordless MouseMan optical, Logitech dual optical, original MS optical and optical explorer, and of course the v3.

Of all those, the cordless has lag (none of the others do), the v3 is definitely the most comfortable, and the dual tracks the best. The v3 tracks well enough for my tastes, but doesn't work well on some surfaces. The dual works on surfaces that confuse every other optical mouse.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

G

Thanks for the rundown.
If you had to buy just one mouse, which would it be?
The MS V3 ($37 - Pricewatch) or the Logitech Dual Optical ($45 - Pricewatch)?

I'm narrowing down my choices...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Honestly, it's a very tough call. I went with the v3 over the dual (I used both before deciding) simply because it's more comfortable. If you like the feel of the dual (I do too, just not as much), then go for it. The dual is a better quality mouse, but the v3 is more comfortable. Does that help?

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>