How to set up IPsec VPN server and clients behind NAT with..

I plan to run my own home business and I would like to set up a Sun Solaris
VPN server for some of my clients to connect in. The problem is that all of
my clients and my computer are behind firewall/NAT (handled by router) with
dynamic IP. Can anyone give me some advices about this issue? All clients
are running either Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP
Home/Professional.

+-------+ +--------+ INTERNET
+--------+ +-----------------------+
| Client | ------ | Router
------------------------------------------------ | Router
| ------------+--- | Sun Solaris 9 |
+-------+ +--------+ (Dynamic IP) (Dynamic
IP) +--------+ | | IPSec VPN Server |

(Dynamic DNS host name: | +------------------------+

vpn.<somename>.no-ip.com) +-------------+

+--------------+

| Other PCs |

+--------------+
--
==================================
Live Long and Prosper

Hsien-Cheng Li

Hsien-Cheng Li ??? wrote:
> I plan to run my own home business and I would like to set up a Sun Solaris
> VPN server for some of my clients to connect in. The problem is that all of
> my clients and my computer are behind firewall/NAT (handled by router) with
> dynamic IP. Can anyone give me some advices about this issue? All clients
> are running either Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP
> Home/Professional.

This can work.

Is there any specific question?
Have you tried to implement this or are you just fishing for the
experience of others?

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

I haven't done yet and plan to do so .

"Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTED EMAIL"
<mike-newsgroup@-DELETETHISPART-.upcraft.com> ???
news:8E37d.325447$yk.55140@news.easynews.com ???...

Hsien-Cheng Li ??? wrote:
> I haven't done yet and plan to do so .
>
> "Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTED EMAIL"
> <mike-newsgroup@-DELETETHISPART-.upcraft.com> ???
> news:8E37d.325447$yk.55140@news.easynews.com ???...
>
>>Hsien-Cheng Li ??? wrote:
>>
>>>I plan to run my own home business and I would like to set up a Sun
>
> Solaris
>
>>>VPN server for some of my clients to connect in. The problem is that
>
> all of
>
>>>my clients and my computer are behind firewall/NAT (handled by router)
>
> with
>
>>>dynamic IP. Can anyone give me some advices about this issue? All
>
> clients
>
>>>are running either Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP
>>>Home/Professional.
>>
>>This can work.
>>
>>Is there any specific question?
>>Have you tried to implement this or are you just fishing for the
>>experience of others?
>>
>>--
>>WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
>>Please remove the -deletethispart-. section before replying directly.
>>Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

Well if your have troubles and the documentation and internet searches
don't help then ask your questions here.

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

Mike -
researching the same idea....
If we are using the classic dynamic IP from a DSL or Cable connection,
then how do we target the VPN remote address ?
I'm guessing we would have to also install a dynamic DNS client service
that would register our changing IP address -