Giant Chicken in Salinas

I haven't spent much time checking out the scenery around various airports
so I don't know if this creation turns up regularly in different sim
locations. If you go near the far north of runway 35 at Salinas Kansas and
look off to the East, there is a Giant Chicken on top of some sort of fast
food establishment on the perimeter of the airport. Using FS2004. It can be
seen from a couple of the ramps and the runway itself. Just wondering if it
makes regular appearances around the FS countryside or is this her only
abode.

Anyone out there know if you can still get a medical after bypass surgery?
(in the real world that is. I don't care if my plumbing gives out in the
FSim world)

John

DB

>Anyone out there know if you can still get a medical after bypass surgery?<

YES you can. You will seed a special authorization from the FAA Air
Surgeon.

If you are a member of AOPA go to the Medical section...or better yet, fill
out TURBO MED. It will tell you all you need to do.

Copied from the AOPA website...
"The Federal Aviation Regulations, Part 67, Subpart E, allows the Federal
Air Surgeon latitude to consider persons with serious medical conditions for
a discretionary medical certificate, or special issuance authorization An
authorization is required when the applicant for medical certification is
considered unable to meet the medical standards prescribed in Subparts B, C,
and D of Part 67."

Damian

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John Jung-Zimmerman wrote:

> I haven't spent much time checking out the scenery around various airports
> so I don't know if this creation turns up regularly in different sim
> locations. If you go near the far north of runway 35 at Salinas Kansas and
> look off to the East, there is a Giant Chicken on top of some sort of fast
> food establishment on the perimeter of the airport. Using FS2004. It can be
> seen from a couple of the ramps and the runway itself. Just wondering if it
> makes regular appearances around the FS countryside or is this her only
> abode.
>
> Anyone out there know if you can still get a medical after bypass surgery?
> (in the real world that is. I don't care if my plumbing gives out in the
> FSim world)
>
> John

Hi John,

Yep the Chicken clucks up all over.
And here are some other things you find if you fly low level

Driving around Toronto
http://www.flightsims.vze.com/toronto_jeep

Cows
http://www.flightsims.vze.com/cows

Gas stations, restaurants
http://www.flightsims.vze.com/low-level

Fosters beer
http://www.flightsims.vze.com/adverts

--

boB, SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

boB wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Yep the Chicken clucks up all over.
> And here are some other things you find if you fly low level

Darn, forgot to give the url to the chicken. :(

http://www.flightsims.vze.com/images/

--

boB, SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Thanks all for the chicken help. Good to know I can find her elsewhere on
the globe.

Also, thanks for the Bypass & Medical answers. I haven't flown for about
15 years now. Had a SEL with Instrument Rating but stopped flying when I
got married and started a family. I've mused about getting back into it
"sometime" when money isn't so tight; but so far the money hasn't started
falling out of trees. At least I don't have to pay for annuals on any of
the FS aircraft. Got through a quad bypass last year and never bothered to
find out how that would affect my dreams of returning to real flight.

Happy flying

John Jung-Zimmerman wrote:
> I haven't spent much time checking out the scenery around various airports
> so I don't know if this creation turns up regularly in different sim
> locations. If you go near the far north of runway 35 at Salinas Kansas and
> look off to the East, there is a Giant Chicken on top of some sort of fast
> food establishment on the perimeter of the airport. Using FS2004. It can be
> seen from a couple of the ramps and the runway itself. Just wondering if it
> makes regular appearances around the FS countryside or is this her only
> abode.
>
> [ ... ]

If I'm not mistaken, at the 2003(?) Salinas airshow, at the airport
there was a fast food booth with giant chicken on top of it. It
looked much happier than the one in the sim, though.

- Alex

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:11:26 -0500, "John Jung-Zimmerman" <jungzimm@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Anyone out there know if you can still get a medical after bypass surgery?
>(in the real world that is. I don't care if my plumbing gives out in the
>FSim world)

Got four inside me and still flying in the UK.