Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Fuel Burn Rate

Tags:
  • Burner
  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 26, 2005 5:59:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Is it possible to modify the fuel burn rate for an individual aircraft?

Thx

More about : fuel burn rate

April 26, 2005 10:23:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:59:59 GMT, "SIMON"
<REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> brought the following to our attention:
>
>Is it possible to modify the fuel burn rate for an individual aircraft?
>
>Thx
>

In the Aircraft.cfg file you'll find a line..

[GeneralEngineData]
fuel_flow_scalar = 1.24 // 1.0


changing the FF scalar should adjust the fuel burn rate.
you'll need to run some tests and check it out.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:42:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

SIMON wrote:

> Is it possible to modify the fuel burn rate for an individual aircraft?
>
> Thx
>
>

Yes - fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft.cfg file. However, if you're
talking about the FS2002 B747- the flight model is messed up so badly,
it'll fly round the world on one tankfull. There's an error in Table 430
of the .air file that causes match induced drag to go negative. You can
fix it with the AirEd utility. Look at the same table on another plane
such as the 777, and see the difference.

T.
April 28, 2005 3:27:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks.. Its FS2004. It is actually the SGA DC10-400 I was playing with. I
took off from SFO and ran out of fuel over Canada.. I have a "encyclopedia"
on aircraft that specs the DC-10-300 at 4500 mi at 30000 ft max range, so
played with the scalar to run MTOW (78% fuel) and arrive 4500 miles later
with a splash in the tank for reserve.. Not scientific but better than I
had.


"Tom Peel" <notreallytandp@freenet.de> wrote in message
news:3d9j5pF6qf8mgU1@individual.net...
> SIMON wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to modify the fuel burn rate for an individual aircraft?
>>
>> Thx
>>
>>
>
> Yes - fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft.cfg file. However, if you're
> talking about the FS2002 B747- the flight model is messed up so badly,
> it'll fly round the world on one tankfull. There's an error in Table 430
> of the .air file that causes match induced drag to go negative. You can
> fix it with the AirEd utility. Look at the same table on another plane
> such as the 777, and see the difference.
>
> T.
April 28, 2005 8:58:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:27:44 GMT, "SIMON"
<REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> brought the following to our attention:

>Thanks.. Its FS2004. It is actually the SGA DC10-400 I was playing with. I
>took off from SFO and ran out of fuel over Canada.. I have a "encyclopedia"
>on aircraft that specs the DC-10-300 at 4500 mi at 30000 ft max range, so
>played with the scalar to run MTOW (78% fuel) and arrive 4500 miles later
>with a splash in the tank for reserve.. Not scientific but better than I
>had.

That's a good way to adjust the FF.. such as using an aircraft spec.
To reduce the error further.. fly a route or routes at certain GW
where the fuel usage is known. Then determine...

`by what factor does the FF scalar need to be multipled..'

to make the consumption correct.


-Gregory


>"Tom Peel" <notreallytandp@freenet.de> wrote in message
>news:3d9j5pF6qf8mgU1@individual.net...
>> SIMON wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to modify the fuel burn rate for an individual aircraft?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Yes - fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft.cfg file. However, if you're
>> talking about the FS2002 B747- the flight model is messed up so badly,
>> it'll fly round the world on one tankfull. There's an error in Table 430
>> of the .air file that causes match induced drag to go negative. You can
>> fix it with the AirEd utility. Look at the same table on another plane
>> such as the 777, and see the difference.
>>
>> T.
>
!