Australian Online Hardware Vendors?

lizzardking

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2005
Hey people,
In the past I've been getting most of my hardware from a friend who was able to get pretty much anything at cost price! My friend can no longer do that now :( (I wont explain why lol).

So I'm currently looking online Australian Vendors at a decent price, something similar to the USA's Newegg.

I only really know of
www.scorptec.com.au (over priced but reliable)
www.gamedude.com.au (decent priced, shotty hardware, HUGE waiting periods)

Any help would be great!! Cheers!

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
well i think there are a few other australians on the forumz but go and search on google if you have too or see if newegg has an australian or pacific division (probably not but i'm just hoping) or you could do the best thing and go once a month to taipei and buy what you want you can get a sempron 2800 there for 50 american dollars!

lizzardking

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2005
Your sense of humour scares me DVDPIDDY......
Yes there are many of Australian online vendors, but I would like a bit more feed back about certain companies.
I live out in the sticks so I can't exactly go kick the manager squar in da noots if he stuffs up my delivery.

jazzy_boy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Search on http://www.staticice.com.au/ for each pc part u want, and get the best price for each..

Not all stores have the best price for each component.. so u just digup static ice to lookup for each and every part u need..

Lemme know if that solves your problem.
jazz

lizzardking

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2005
Cheers thanx people.

www.altech.com.au was acctually where my friend was getting all the stuff at cost. Made a fake business up etc.
It was all good until lately, now i have to pay RRP :cry:

well i think there are a few other australians on the forumz but go and search on google if you have too or see if newegg has an australian or pacific division (probably not but i'm just hoping) or you could do the best thing and go once a month to taipei and buy what you want you can get a sempron 2800 there for 50 american dollars!

the cost to go there and so on would cost about the same as a X2 3800 man