no tunnel with FVM318 when using WG602 WAP

I have Netgear FVM318 IPSec VPN set up so that workstations with
Netgear MA401 wireless card can establish VPN connection when
connected to FVM318.

My problem: I added WG602 access point to network, and added it as a
trusted connection to the FVM318. The WAP hands out DHCP from the
router, but I am not able to establish VPN tunnel when the MA401 has
connected via the WG602.

Question: how do I configure the WG602 so that workstations connected
to the WAP can establish VPN tunnel to the FVM318?

FVM318 firmware is V1.1 Jan. 29 2003. WG602 firmware is 3.2rc6.
MA501 firmware is 1.03.06, driver is 1.07.37, config utility is
1.07.37.25. Workstations are running Windows 2000 with all service
packs & patches.

Currently WG602 settings are:
Encryption Type OFF
Access Control Disable
Spanning Tree: enabled
Mode: b only
Data rate: 11Mbs
Security: off
Access control: disabled
Advanced settings are factory default.
Wireless bridging is configured to act as an access point.

FVM318 settings are:
allow only trusted PCs based on MAC address (I have not added the MAC
for the WG602 -- do I need to?)
IPSec -- Safenet SoftRemote VPN client, with Aggressive Mode and
AES-256 Encryption

Once VPN tunnel is established I would also like to lock down the WAP
using trusted MAC addresses. Are there other best practices I should
adopt?

Thanks,

Chris

Update to my own message. After getting past Netgear's level 1
support, the Netgear rep tells me the FVM314 and other F-series
routers are not designed to use wireless access points in conjunction
with VPN. His recommendation was to purchase an antenna (ANT2409) to
extend the range of the router.

So, if anyone else is thinking about using wireless access points to
extend their VPN network, forget about it if you are using Netgear...