64 Bit MS flight sim

Thinking of switching to MS 64 bit OS soon for the entire flight sim
pit. Too soon to switch ? Any reviews ?

Well, first of all, do some research. If you can get your main drivers in
64bit, like Chipset sound card etc etc then yeah do it. If not I would hold
off until they are available. I have the Nforce3 and there are 64bit
versions around I just need to get hold of a copy of XP-64 and then I will
make the switch. It will make your OS run at 64bit but you wont feel the
total switch until software are 64bit which is expected for end of this
year. But even so, its still good to have the OS and drivers etc at 64bit
and the more people who start using 64bit the more investment that is made

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
"Drew Cutter" <andrewc@wcoil.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of switching to MS 64 bit OS soon for the entire flight sim pit.
> Too soon to switch ? Any reviews ?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Drew Cutter" <andrewc@wcoil.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of switching to MS 64 bit OS soon for the entire flight sim pit.
> Too soon to switch ? Any reviews ?

Are the necessary drivers for your hardware available yet?

www.nvidia.com - Yes!
www.viaarena.com - Yes!
www.ati.com - Yes!
www.saitekusa.com - No! boo hiss!

Im waiting for the 64bit drivers for my Saitek X45 before i make the switch.

Dan

hmm I am not totally sure, but 32bit drivers will still work, just not at
64bit, so something for a joystick it wouldn't really matter too much.
That's the good thing about the AMD 64, it does 32bit and 64bit. But I would
wait until someone else confirms that that is true

--
"Dan" <danNOSPAMking1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Drew Cutter" <andrewc@wcoil.com> wrote in message
>> Thinking of switching to MS 64 bit OS soon for the entire flight sim pit.
>> Too soon to switch ? Any reviews ?
>
> Are the necessary drivers for your hardware available yet?
>
> www.nvidia.com - Yes!
> www.viaarena.com - Yes!
> www.ati.com - Yes!
> www.saitekusa.com - No! boo hiss!
>
> Im waiting for the 64bit drivers for my Saitek X45 before i make the
> switch.
>
> Dan

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> hmm I am not totally sure, but 32bit drivers will still work, just not at
> 64bit, so something for a joystick it wouldn't really matter too much.
> That's the good thing about the AMD 64, it does 32bit and 64bit. But I
> would wait until someone else confirms that that is true

I dont think there are *any* 32bit drivers that will work in XP64.

Dan

yes but I thought you could use 32bit drivers if there where no 64bit
drivers, but that's why I said wait for someone else to confirm as I could
be wrong