Blow your Tax Return on Computer stuffs?

Do you spend the majority of your tax return on computer related items?

• Yes (I MUST UPGRADE)

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • No (My computer is fast enough already)

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Oh Yeah! I plan on watercooling my rig this year, as well as maybe getting a DFI mobo and a 2 gig ram kit. Not all with the tax return, but my return should be enough to watercool my rig.

bombasschicken

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
$1200 going stright twords a fx57, new mobo, and ram...

sometimes the government isnt all that bad...

of course that is as long as i did my taxes right... :X

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Going towards Opteron 165, Big Water SE & Custom parts for my Custom
Case....

Will probably spend a bit setting up a new 4 PC LAN in the office for "after hours entertainment" 8)

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
My wife and I have an agreement. Every dollar I spend on my computer, she gets to spend on clothes. Next month I plan on buying a second WD 10,000 rpm drive, logitech Z-5500 speakers, FX-60, and (I hope) Nvidia7900GTX. Crud, I had no idea it would be this expensive. Rough math puts my upgade at about 4400.00 with her cloths included.

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Plan for me is to replace the IDE drives with SATA ones, and put a X-Fi Platinum in the machine. Oh, and possibly get a G15 and maybe G7.

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
nah, i probably won't recieve any taxes back from the us goverment... which by the way was not supposed to take them in the first place :)

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
As yall do your returns i'm learning about them... Freakin gov't is too complicated. My tax refund is a whopping $116, i can now..... get nothing LOL. College ftw :p

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I just met with my CPA last night. I had a bunch of losses over the year so I was able to use that as deductions towards my taxable income. In the end, all the government will tax me on is 310.00. EVERTHING ELSE that my wife and I paid in taxes over the year we will get back.

It pays to get to a CPA. Thay can find so much. Get this.. I run my business out of my home. My wife bought me a 19" LCD for X-Mas. She paid like 350 or something like that. Be cause I use it for work, we can write off most of it.

I am most definitly a CPA fanboy!

brainysmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Did that last year.
This year, $2,100 federal, $450 state refunds are going toward paying off the Visa card I maxed out on the Bahamas vacation.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I just met with my CPA last night. I had a bunch of losses over the year so I was able to use that as deductions towards my taxable income. In the end, all the government will tax me on is 310.00. EVERTHING ELSE that my wife and I paid in taxes over the year we will get back.

It pays to get to a CPA. Thay can find so much. Get this.. I run my business out of my home. My wife bought me a 19" LCD for X-Mas. She paid like 350 or something like that. Be cause I use it for work, we can write off most of it.

<-- Becoming a CPA, looking for business :p lol

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Life of a contractor hehe :roll:

Uncle Sam's over there cheering " Make Them Pay, Make Them Pay!"

Insert bad word here

So at the end of the meeting he says "I don't want to see you on the news protesting something screeming 'I know my rights, I pay taxes' Cause I'll know the truth" :)

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006

<-- Becoming a CPA, looking for business :p lol

I started using a CPA 2 years ago. The first year was just like any other financial year most 20 somethings have. However he found a couple thousand in deductions that I never thought of. (moving, costs that apply to looking for a job etc). I could never do what you are getting ready to do. I came into his office with Rubbermaid tub yesterday full of what I thought he would need. Overprepaired is better I think.

anyway, the point is it might cost a couple hundred $ but it will save you time and they will think of great ways to get you your money back (if possible) As you can see I'm still on the high. I will get the fed and state deposited right into my bank account in 2 weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: