Sign in with
Your question

Blow your Tax Return on Computer stuffs?

Last response: in CPUs

Do you spend the majority of your tax return on computer related items?

Total: 33 votes

• Yes (I MUST UPGRADE)
  • 58 %
  • No (My computer is fast enough already)
  • 43 %
February 15, 2006 12:21:29 PM

Do you?
February 15, 2006 12:40:14 PM

Tax return? Whats that :cry: 
February 15, 2006 5:21:03 PM

Why waste your money when you already have a pimped out computer?
Related resources
February 15, 2006 5:35:21 PM

Oh Yeah! I plan on watercooling my rig this year, as well as maybe getting a DFI mobo and a 2 gig ram kit. Not all with the tax return, but my return should be enough to watercool my rig.
February 15, 2006 5:52:42 PM

$1200 going stright twords a fx57, new mobo, and ram...

sometimes the government isnt all that bad...

of course that is as long as i did my taxes right... :X
February 15, 2006 5:55:08 PM

havnt done my taxes yet

but i probably will put it towards the FX-60 if i can
February 15, 2006 5:59:14 PM

Going towards Opteron 165, Big Water SE & Custom parts for my Custom
Case....

Will probably spend a bit setting up a new 4 PC LAN in the office for "after hours entertainment" 8)
February 15, 2006 7:35:56 PM

I would, but I am an independent contractor and there is no tax refund for me. 8O
February 15, 2006 8:17:08 PM

My wife and I have an agreement. Every dollar I spend on my computer, she gets to spend on clothes. Next month I plan on buying a second WD 10,000 rpm drive, logitech Z-5500 speakers, FX-60, and (I hope) Nvidia7900GTX. Crud, I had no idea it would be this expensive. Rough math puts my upgade at about 4400.00 with her cloths included.
February 15, 2006 8:30:24 PM

Plan for me is to replace the IDE drives with SATA ones, and put a X-Fi Platinum in the machine. Oh, and possibly get a G15 and maybe G7.
February 16, 2006 10:44:13 AM

nah, i probably won't recieve any taxes back from the us goverment... which by the way was not supposed to take them in the first place :) 
February 16, 2006 1:16:38 PM

As yall do your returns i'm learning about them... Freakin gov't is too complicated. My tax refund is a whopping $116, i can now..... get nothing LOL. College ftw :p 
February 16, 2006 1:31:15 PM

I haven't file my tax yet. I don't know how much Im getting back. Maybe just enough for a kegger or two. Uncle Sam is not giving back my money.
February 16, 2006 4:14:00 PM

I just met with my CPA last night. I had a bunch of losses over the year so I was able to use that as deductions towards my taxable income. In the end, all the government will tax me on is 310.00. EVERTHING ELSE that my wife and I paid in taxes over the year we will get back.

It pays to get to a CPA. Thay can find so much. Get this.. I run my business out of my home. My wife bought me a 19" LCD for X-Mas. She paid like 350 or something like that. Be cause I use it for work, we can write off most of it.

I am most definitly a CPA fanboy!
February 16, 2006 4:18:23 PM

Did that last year.
This year, $2,100 federal, $450 state refunds are going toward paying off the Visa card I maxed out on the Bahamas vacation.
February 16, 2006 4:51:53 PM

Life of a contractor hehe :roll:

Uncle Sam's over there cheering " Make Them Pay, Make Them Pay!"

Insert bad word here
February 16, 2006 6:22:08 PM

Quote:
I just met with my CPA last night. I had a bunch of losses over the year so I was able to use that as deductions towards my taxable income. In the end, all the government will tax me on is 310.00. EVERTHING ELSE that my wife and I paid in taxes over the year we will get back.

It pays to get to a CPA. Thay can find so much. Get this.. I run my business out of my home. My wife bought me a 19" LCD for X-Mas. She paid like 350 or something like that. Be cause I use it for work, we can write off most of it.

<-- Becoming a CPA, looking for business :p  lol
February 16, 2006 8:44:46 PM

Quote:
Life of a contractor hehe :roll:

Uncle Sam's over there cheering " Make Them Pay, Make Them Pay!"

Insert bad word here

So at the end of the meeting he says "I don't want to see you on the news protesting something screeming 'I know my rights, I pay taxes' Cause I'll know the truth" :) 
February 16, 2006 9:03:02 PM

Quote:

<-- Becoming a CPA, looking for business :p  lol

I started using a CPA 2 years ago. The first year was just like any other financial year most 20 somethings have. However he found a couple thousand in deductions that I never thought of. (moving, costs that apply to looking for a job etc). I could never do what you are getting ready to do. I came into his office with Rubbermaid tub yesterday full of what I thought he would need. Overprepaired is better I think.

anyway, the point is it might cost a couple hundred $ but it will save you time and they will think of great ways to get you your money back (if possible) As you can see I'm still on the high. I will get the fed and state deposited right into my bank account in 2 weeks. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
!