help choosing a sound card

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
i am looking for a good creative sound card to go with my creative t6060 5.1 and asus a8n32-sli deluxe mb. waht would you reccomend?

is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music really any better than Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum?

which of these 3 would you choose?

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
While I can't speak from experience since I still have the SB Live, I have read that the X-Fi offers a better experience than the Audigy. Not that it matters at the moment, but X-Fi also supports EAX 5.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I have xf-i extreme music and it's pretty good specially with gaming and it only cost me $90 to own it. But if you want loud noises with no distortion then a more expensive one would be the solution. I used mine for 2.1 sorround sound bose speakers and headphone for gaming. The 3D is very good in headphone, I can tell where is the sound coming from while playing game like BF2. In entertainment mode the music are really nice and as well as the movies. :D

The expensive cards are better when it comes to 5.1 or 7.1 with large speakers. :)

ziscwg

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
Had an A2 ZS and got an xfi music. I could tell the difference. You will need a decent set of speaker to tell. If you want to use headphones a lot and have other various inputs, get the plat edition with the drive bay box.