Analog joystick for rudder in FS98

I want to use an analog joystick/game port as input for rudder control
with FS98. My main controller is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I tried
adding a plain 2-axis 2-button joystick in addition to the Logitech,
but I can't figure out how to tell FS98 to use it as a rudder control.
Both joysticks control the aileron and elevator axes, which is a bit
confusing. Any suggestions?

If I can make the analog joystick control the rudder, I'll build a pair
of rudder pedals -- that's the point of this exercise.
--
Ray Heindl
(remove the Xs to reply)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ray Heindl wrote:

> I want to use an analog joystick/game port as input for rudder control
> with FS98. My main controller is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I tried
> adding a plain 2-axis 2-button joystick in addition to the Logitech,
> but I can't figure out how to tell FS98 to use it as a rudder control.
> Both joysticks control the aileron and elevator axes, which is a bit
> confusing. Any suggestions?
>
> If I can make the analog joystick control the rudder, I'll build a pair
> of rudder pedals -- that's the point of this exercise.

Here are a couple pages that have some good info I believe.

http://mypage.direct.ca/b/bsimpson/jhbc.html

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/pedals.htm

http://www.rakewell.com/flightsim/flightsim1.shtml

--

boB, SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote:

> Ray Heindl wrote:
>
>> I want to use an analog joystick/game port as input for rudder
>> control with FS98. My main controller is a Logitech Extreme 3D
>> Pro. I tried adding a plain 2-axis 2-button joystick in addition
>> to the Logitech, but I can't figure out how to tell FS98 to use
>> it as a rudder control. Both joysticks control the aileron and
>> elevator axes, which is a bit confusing. Any suggestions?
>>
>> If I can make the analog joystick control the rudder, I'll build
>> a pair of rudder pedals -- that's the point of this exercise.
>
> Here are a couple pages that have some good info I believe.
>
> http://mypage.direct.ca/b/bsimpson/jhbc.html
>
> http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/pedals.htm
>
> http://www.rakewell.com/flightsim/flightsim1.shtml

Thanks, those were all helpful. One more page that's needed, to
explain how to tell FS98 to use two different joysticks:
<http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html>, the file FS98ctls.zip.

--
Ray Heindl
(remove the Xs to reply)