Microsoft Partners with Agawi For Cloud Gaming on Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilamonsterz

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
[citation][nom]yobobjm[/nom]I've almost never heard the term mid-core before lol.[/citation]

Guess they wont replace "social" with "soft-core"...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Oh microsoft, you are trying to be like Apple. But apple has a bunch of cultists following it.

You have a bunch of people who know better.

JBB-SaDo

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
I could be wrong but. Wouldn't you have to have a pretty high speed internet connection for something like that to work?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]JBB-SaDo[/nom]I could be wrong but. Wouldn't you have to have a pretty high speed internet connection for something like that to work?[/citation]
Latency is the bigger problem.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
I don't like relying the corporation's server and being dependent on them so they can charge any costs & unreasonable EULAs they want. Why not use cloud technology but with your own home computer acting as the server? Buy the software and let it stream to your portable device from your high-power rig, wirelessly or whatever ...

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]s997863[/nom]I don't like relying the corporation's server and being dependent on them so they can charge any costs & unreasonable EULAs they want. Why not use cloud technology but with your own home computer acting as the server? Buy the software and let it stream to your portable device from your high-power rig, wirelessly or whatever ...[/citation]

Exactly that!
They (I would prefer Valve though) should buy Splashtop and fix its mouse support problems and it would be perfect for remote gaming.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Fail, they are determined to control our games and turn gaming into rent-a-game from their servers. Want to play keep paying us.

[citation][nom]yobobjm[/nom]There is an abnormal amount of cloud news today.[/citation]
Funny... it's cloudy and raining here...[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Fail, they are determined to control our games and turn gaming into rent-a-game from their servers. Want to play keep paying us.[/citation]
yeah, i'm not interested in pay as you go games.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I have no desire to play all my games in the cloud. I don't mind downloading them the cloud (Steam). But to support all this properly is going to require a lot more investment in high speed infrastructure. Move to Kansas City if you want to play all your games in the cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.