DFI Motherboards, Will My Memory Work??

strenner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I've been reading a lot of posts on Newegg saying that the DFI Lanparty boards are extremely picky when it comes to memory. I want to know if two 1 gb sticks of corsair xms ram (3200) will work? I don't want to get the parts then realize the board will reject them.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
It is a possibilty the DFI will reject it. If it's TCCD samsung chips though, it would almost certainly accept it. just remember-if it doesn't work, you can return it to newegg for a full refund in like 60 days. also, when you insert it first, use 1 stick in the top second slot and update bios asap.

strenner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
So if I use : OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory, I won't have to worry about sending back the memory? I just want to know what memory I can get that will assuredly work with the MOBO, considering neither part is defective.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Strenner to be honest I think DFI's love those sticks. If you want something the DFI can truly indulge in however, wait till some BH5/CH5/UTT/any winbond chips go on sale at ebay and snatch them up (no longer made).
DFI boards + voltage hungry winbond chips = about 270 max HTT @ 2-2-2-5 timings.
But yes, that would certainly work. Provided you bought your ram at newegg, you can always return it for a refund if there is a problem.

Bushwick

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Strenner to be honest I think DFI's love those sticks. If you want something the DFI can truly indulge in however, wait till some BH5/CH5/UTT/any winbond chips go on sale at ebay and snatch them up (no longer made).
DFI boards + voltage hungry winbond chips = about 270 max HTT @ 2-2-2-5 timings.
But yes, that would certainly work. Provided you bought your ram at newegg, you can always return it for a refund if there is a problem.
What brand makes dimms with those chips on them then? Is there some way to tell?

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
What brand makes dimms with those chips on them then? Is there some way to tell?

memory that requires extremely high voltage is winbond chipped. It is no longer manufactured, but the last time it was it came through the Mushkin Redline series and the OCZ VX series, both PC4000.