installing office 2K after ms works 2002 with word has alr..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

i can't afford to upgrade to office xp or office 2003 so is it possible to
take my old office 2000 (or office 97) and install it on windows xp after ms
works 2002 (with ms word) has already been installed ?

--
Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
http://x.webring.com/hub?ring=cleancams ( family friendly live web cams )
2 answers Last reply
More about installing office works 2002 word
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    "*ProteanThread*" <moc dot sodtr at posys> wrote in message
    >i can't afford to upgrade to office xp or office 2003 so is it possible to
    > take my old office 2000 (or office 97) and install it on windows xp after
    > ms
    > works 2002 (with ms word) has already been installed ?
    >
    > --
    > Woodzy
    >
    > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    > http://x.webring.com/hub?ring=cleancams ( family friendly live web
    > cams )

    Yes you can. When you install Office 2000 {if upgrade you can use your
    Office 97 CD to qualify}, choose a custom installation the select Word not
    to be installed {think the selection is not available}.

    I seen a number of posts in Office newsgroups that Microsoft recommends
    installing oldest version first. So to be safe, uninstall Word 2002,
    install Office 2000, as above and then reinstall Word 2002.

    Another option, if you do not need the added features of Word 2002 is just
    to uninstall Word 2002 and install the full Office with Word 2000.

    Don
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    You need to install earliest version first, update prior to installing later
    version.
    If you intend to use both versions of Word you would need to rename shortcut
    on the first install.

    "Don MI <>" <d7macm8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "*ProteanThread*" <moc dot sodtr at posys> wrote in message
    > >i can't afford to upgrade to office xp or office 2003 so is it possible
    > > take my old office 2000 (or office 97) and install it on windows xp
    after
    > > ms
    > > works 2002 (with ms word) has already been installed ?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Woodzy
    > >
    > > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    > > http://x.webring.com/hub?ring=cleancams ( family friendly live web
    > > cams )
    > >

    > Yes you can. When you install Office 2000 {if upgrade you can use your
    > Office 97 CD to qualify}, choose a custom installation the select Word not
    > to be installed {think the selection is not available}.
    >
    > I seen a number of posts in Office newsgroups that Microsoft recommends
    > installing oldest version first. So to be safe, uninstall Word 2002,
    > install Office 2000, as above and then reinstall Word 2002.
    >
    > Another option, if you do not need the added features of Word 2002 is just
    > to uninstall Word 2002 and install the full Office with Word 2000.
    >
    > Don

Microsoft Office Windows XP