AMD TO LAUNCH 5000+ AND FX 62 AT COMPUTEX

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
the 5000 just sounds so good, the number i mean, 62 is ok, BUT the best sounding one in my opinion would be fx-99 or fx-1000 pronouced one thousand. I don't know why i notice these types of things. lol

old_times

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
talking in general it seems that AMD's delay in upgrading from 939 platform made some people paranoid. Some fanboys enjoy themselves living in the future making love to AMD sweethearts!

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
hey 9-inch are you really bullshitter in disguise? cause you showed up when he left cause of his name and you are as helpful as him retreiving links for us and such thanks alot 9 inch or should i say bullshitter!

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
hey 9-inch are you really bullshitter in disguise? cause you showed up when he left cause of his name and you are as helpful as him retreiving links for us and such thanks alot 9 inch or should i say bullshitter!

No I'm not, but I'm trying to keep his legacy. :wink:

While Bullshitter was a respectable member in this forum, I really admired him for his objective criticism. It was a pitty that he was savagely banned from here with no reason at all.

I really don't think that guy should have being banned just for sake of his nick name. I'll better keep my mouth close before they ban me also. :oops: )

Anyhow, that's not my story. 8)

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

No I'm not, but I'm trying to keep his legacy. :wink:

While Bullshitter was a respectable member in this forum, I really admired him for his objective criticism. It was a pitty that he was savagely banned from here with no reason at all.

I really don't think that guy should have being banned just for sake of his nick name. I'll better keep my mouth close before they ban me also. :oops: )

Anyhow, that's not my story. 8) ok 9 inch<cough bull shitter <cough> ok man i belive you i dont know what happened with him but damn he was like golden retreiver got us what we wanted. ok man btw where do you live east coast or westcoast and i added you to my buddy list ok dude.

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
"This will come as a disappointment to some, for according to the current plans the FX60 will remain the fastest FX for socket 939. Athlon 4800+ will be the fastest 939 dual core CPU around. You should be able to grab those AM2 CPUs just after Computex." theinquirer

I am confused. I was planning on buying the FX-60 because I thought it was the fastest 939 socket for gaming. Is the 4800+ the fastest? It sounds like they are both the fastest..... WTF?

endyen

Splendid
Bothe the FX60, and the X2 4800 are dual cores.
The FX60 is currently Amd's fastest dual core chip @ 2.6ghz
The X2 4800 is Amd's fastest (non FX) standard A64 X2 chip @ 2.4ghz.

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Nice work AMD, everyone can be proud :D :D :wink: :wink:
That already sounds to me like supporting a sports team :wink: . Anyway, those new chips sound good, but let's see how AMD performs with DDR2. And the other thing is that we're waiting to see how the new tech from Intel performs... Anyway, the new tech has always been interesting to me, but it never gave me the thrill because of the really high prices...

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
This is the exact reason I went with a 3800+ venice when i rebuilt my system. I knew it would need an upgrade by year end because of DDr2 and AM2 socket. GG AMD, right in par with my expectations. Anyone want to buy a DFI Lanparty UT Expert with 2 GB Mushkin Redline and a massively OC'd Venice core :p

(Yes im neglecting the fact that none of this will really be availible till june/july, so don't burst my bubble lol)

MJuric

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between the 5000 X2 and the FX-62 other than speed or is this just a marketing thing? Isn't the FX-60 the same chip as the 4800 X2, just faster? If so seems rather confusing and "transparent" to me.

~Matt

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between the 5000 X2 and the FX-62 other than speed or is this just a marketing thing? Isn't the FX-60 the same chip as the 4800 X2, just faster? If so seems rather confusing and "transparent" to me.

~Matt
The FX-62 will have a 333 MHz HTT speed and 2x1MB L2 cache while the X2 5000+ will only have the vanilla 200 MHz and 2x512kB L2 cache.
And yes, the FX-60 is exactly the same as the X2 4800+ and I mean the same, AMD didnt even bother to use better chips in the heart of the wafer for their FX CPUs (which OC results clearly prove).
Well, their naming system IS confusing, illegal CPU names (dont whine now AMD fanboys, telling your own product is better than a competitors product IS illegal, at least in Europe), with 2 different cache sizes and soon with 2 different HTT speeds dont really tell you much and you really have to get into things to know which CPU is which.