Newbie needs VPN setup help

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 9, 2004 1:39:36 AM

I know nothing about VPN, except it will allow you to connect to
another PC over the internet.

At home I have a WinXP home edition Dell connected to a dialup modem.
I want to connect to a computer that is on a Peer-Peer network.

What do I need to do on my home PC to create the connection?
What do I need to do on the client PC to receive the connection?

Thanks,
Terry in Dallas

More about : newbie vpn setup

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 4:12:27 PM

I would recommend something along the lines of the Netgear FVS318 on the
highspeed end and the Netgear VPN client on the dialup end. You either got
time or money, with the Netgear, it will save you alot of time and cost
under $200 easily.

!