Newbie needs VPN setup help

I know nothing about VPN, except it will allow you to connect to
another PC over the internet.

At home I have a WinXP home edition Dell connected to a dialup modem.
I want to connect to a computer that is on a Peer-Peer network.

What do I need to do on my home PC to create the connection?
What do I need to do on the client PC to receive the connection?

Thanks,
Terry in Dallas
1 answer Last reply
More about newbie setup help

    I would recommend something along the lines of the Netgear FVS318 on the
    highspeed end and the Netgear VPN client on the dialup end. You either got
    time or money, with the Netgear, it will save you alot of time and cost
    under $200 easily.

    "Rocker" <terry75115@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I know nothing about VPN, except it will allow you to connect to
    > another PC over the internet.
    >
    > At home I have a WinXP home edition Dell connected to a dialup modem.
    > I want to connect to a computer that is on a Peer-Peer network.
    >
    > What do I need to do on my home PC to create the connection?
    > What do I need to do on the client PC to receive the connection?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Terry in Dallas

vpn Connection Networking