  • Canon
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 5, 2004 4:07:10 PM

ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter
printing,

can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon pixma
ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different
ones.

also what company do you use for you compatables

thanks in advance

More about : epson r300 canon pixma ip4000

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 6:09:16 PM

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:07:10 GMT, "Rev Dr Mark"
<Rev_Dr_Mark@blueyonder.co.ukDEVIL> wrote:

>ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter
>printing,
>
>can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon pixma
>ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different
>ones.
>
>also what company do you use for you compatables
>

>thanks in advance

I have a Pixma4000 and just love it. One small downside to it is that
if you purchase it in the USA, those that are sold here cannot print
on CD/DVD discs.
December 6, 2004 1:12:38 AM

"Rev Dr Mark" <Rev_Dr_Mark@blueyonder.co.ukDEVIL> wrote in message
> ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter
> printing,
>
> can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon
pixma
> ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different
> ones.
>
> also what company do you use for you compatables
>

> thanks in advance

The current trend - or maybe rush that has caught the imagination is
probably for the Pixma ip4000. It has that one possible advantage of using
standard Canon tanks with the BCi-3ek being a pigmented black and a larger
capacity tank for text printing. The Photo black is used for color prints as
it is a 5 tank printer.
From past experience the Epson may have the edge on reliability and uses
totally dye based inks.
All I can give you is the feedback from several hundred users of the JetTec
cartridges and the Canon may - just may have a problem with the life cycle
of its print heads. They can be swapped at around $70.
The cheapest cost of ownership goes to the Canon currently as its tanks are
easily refillable. The Canon hot bubble jet techniques are quite different
to the cold electro fusion Piezo quartz Epson heads which could explain the
possible lesser life expectancy of a Canon print head ??
Tony
--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink