zalman 9500 vs vapochill micro?

ok i know these two are some of the baddest of the bad cpu coolers on the market today w/o delving into water/TEC/phase change cooling...

but which one would you guys recommend and why?

(the case I will be using will have a back 120mm fan right behind the cpu chip)

vapochill specs:
http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-217.html

zalman specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

both are about the same price, so that's not an issue, and I'm not a for looks guy either, so I don't care that the vapochill doesn't have the 'cool, sexy blue LED' either...
11 answers Last reply
More about zalman 9500 vapochill micro
  1. I'd say the Vapochill, but I'm sure they'll really be about the same.
  2. the zalman is much better than the micro...
  3. The Vapochill, simply for the OMFG that's a good idea factor. It's uglier, but you don't care about that.
  4. get an XP90C instead.
  5. well... i don't know much about vapochill
    but i read a lot about it...
    it seems really good...
    but zalman 9500 IS REALLY good.
    i have zalman 9500 for my Athlon X2 4200+
    mine is idle @ 19 deg C
    load @ 43 deg C @ 2.75GHz
    i believe that IS ENOUGH...
    i don't need water cooler...
    who needs water cooler
  6. XP90C with a vantec tornado though is without a doubt the most powerful air cooling you can buy.
  7. not really.... its still a 90mm solution, a si-120 or maybe a sonic towers with those delta monsters will be better... but seriously... a xp90c is too expensive, and no one in teh right mind would use those 60db fans
  8. i would, and i do. (fan controller'ed but were still talking a shitload of CFM)
    and yes, tests show xp90c is ontop of all other air coolers on the market. get a panflo fan and you could push lotsa air with little noise.
  9. Not really how I would sum up my experience with the XP90.
  10. The Zalman will outperform any cooler if the case has a rear exhaust fan that aligns with the 9500's fan.
    I have a DFI Expert mobo & that layout allows the 9500 to sweep the memory also. A great combination if the case layout assists the cooler.
  11. Quote:
    XP90C with a vantec tornado though is without a doubt the most powerful air cooling you can buy.

hehe ... do you think it's better than Scyte Ninja + 2x120mm vanes cause I don't think so :wink:

virus5877 - Zalman 9500 is absolutly better than Vapo MIcro :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Zalman Cooling CPUs Overclocking Product