Sign in with
Your question

Any way to make this mouse work on PS2 port?

Last response: in Components
February 16, 2006 12:54:42 AM

I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000.
And it won't work with the ps/2 adapter I have since the old one, is there ANY way to make this work or am I out of luck?
USB has always been a bit twitchy when too much is going on, PS2 always felt smoother anyway.
February 16, 2006 1:15:25 AM

Nonsense, I've used a USB mouse for years!

Try another adapter?
February 16, 2006 1:21:52 AM

I only have two, one with a keyboard on it and one with a mouse.
Neither works.
The LED on the device lights up at boot but stays dead after Post.
The movement is a little twitchy when I defrag and when the harddrive has to work hard.. (Got the latest platform drivers in)
Related resources
February 16, 2006 1:37:02 AM

You shouldn't be doing anything while defragging anyways. If your drive goes balls out a lot the comp is using the swap file too often and you need more RAM.
February 16, 2006 1:53:25 AM

dude you can get one for a dollar at a local comp shop(not bestbuy they charge 5 bucks!)
February 16, 2006 2:39:01 AM

You will be much better off plugging it into a USB port.

PS/2 does not really offer any advantages.
February 16, 2006 2:57:09 AM

using the mouse for ps/2 leaves one more open USB port
February 16, 2006 3:25:30 AM

True. However USB should offer better responsiveness and accuracy. Also USB is hot pluggable whereas PS/2 mice are NOT.

USB hubs are very inexpensive as well.
February 16, 2006 4:13:52 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't be doing anything while defragging anyways. If your drive goes balls out a lot the comp is using the swap file too often and you need more RAM.

I have two gigs of it :p  I leave the Swap disabled generally.

I use O&O Defrag, so I just slam Stealth onto all drives close the interface and do something else.

But I managed to fix it, my two PATA Western 80gb were using 32bit transfers over the SATA bus (got an adapter), when I disabled that the twitching stopped.

I mostly just want the mouse pointer to update a bit more often, it hasn't felt silky smooth since I used some ps2 200hz tweak a while back.

What I mean is when I move it quickly the pointer skips lots of pixels when moving.

Ah maybe I'll get used to it..
February 16, 2006 5:21:18 PM

Groovy. I feel your pain though, sometimes newer isn't always better!
!