What's the difference between the Creative brands?

jchen012

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
So they have 3 main brands: Gigaworks, Megaworks, and Inspire? Is there a difference between them? Like maybe one has only analog inputs and others have digital coax/toslink inputs? Thanks in advance.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Unless you want to spend a LOT on top of the line gigaworks, get a real stereo and some real speakers, personal preference is JBL Studio series. I have a set of inspire for my wifes machine, 5.1, and they are alright, but nothing compared to my 12" JBL towers and 8" surrounds :) Bass on any of those systems will be overly boomy unless placed properly, and they tend to accentuate the highs and lows more than having a balanced output. If they are THX certified you'll certainly be better off, but they still won't compete with a THX certified home stereo. THX does not necessarily mean "best".

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
So Gigaworks is the best? And then Megaworks and then Inspire?
All i know is don't forget abotu Logitech speakers.... Now those things rock. I have a pair of Z-680 that cause my apt to shake (maybe a slight exaggeration but people def tellm e to turn it down :))

jchen012

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I would get Logitech speakers, but too bad they don't have 7.1 speakers. I guess I'll look into 7.1 Gigaworks.

Just wanted to thank all of you for your help! Was a little confused with all the brands.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I have a friend with that same model, they are better than the megaworks I've heard (never heard the gw 500, but the logi's are no match for the 750's), and cost less as I recall.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Alienware sells the Klipsch ALX 5.1 setup at $700 at more or less starts defying the definition of "computer speakers," as they use RSX-3 super sats. But for price/performance, the Gigas definitely are a great value.

As most PC speakers the center channel is weak and I've heard of many people have upgraded their front three speakers on the Gigas with small bookshelves.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Im still happy with my Logitech ones, 505W RMS is more than enough for me. Sub could be deeper but that comes with the computer speaker territory. I'm not bashing creative bcause I have nver heard thier flagship models, just trying to point out logitech makes some damned good THX certified 5.1 speakers.