Q: More than one screen

Hi,
Please ,how is it possible to plug some than one screen with FlightSimulator
?
Does it possible with any video cards plugged on only one PC or is it
necessary
to plugg somme PC on a local network ?
Thank you for your response at : piper28@free.fr

Some video cards have two or even three outputs for two to three screens.
There is also a software answer called MaxVista and another called WideView.
You need to do some searches and find out more about these.The Marox
Parhelia card has three screen outputs, and I believe several other cards
have two.

Cheers,

Quilly

my Geforce 4 has two outputs one which is DVI and you simply need a DVI-VGA
converter but I got mine free with the graphics card so you don't need to
hook up another PC or anything

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?

"M.S." <markissian@9online.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Please ,how is it possible to plug some than one screen with
> FlightSimulator ?
> Does it possible with any video cards plugged on only one PC or is it
> necessary
> to plugg somme PC on a local network ?
> Thank you for your response at : piper28@free.fr

ches

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005

I am using a 128MB ATI Radeon 9600XT and the guys on the group here pointed
out that the DVI output could be used with a convertor to run a second
monitor. This advice was accurate and I found that the bit needed had been
supplied with the computer. Both monitors were linked and running in almost
no time. FS2004 is enhanced and the second monitor has unexpected spin offs
for other purposes. I have found no hits on the frame rates.

Ches

"Ches" <ches@lineone.net> wrote in message
>I am using a 128MB ATI Radeon 9600XT and the guys on the group here pointed
> out that the DVI output could be used with a convertor to run a second
> monitor. This advice was accurate and I found that the bit needed had been
> supplied with the computer. Both monitors were linked and running in
> almost
> no time. FS2004 is enhanced and the second monitor has unexpected spin
> offs
> for other purposes. I have found no hits on the frame rates.
>
> Ches
I have a FX5600XT NVidia card (on a winxp pro,AMD2400+ box with 1G Ram) and
I can use both my monitors (19" and 15"). Works ok in FS2k4, but contrary to
Ches, I do notice a framerate problem. Since my 2nd monitor is only 15" it
is not too bad, but very noticeable
And it really cannot be another way, there are simply more pixels to
calculate.
You can get an idea what will happen if you change the pixelsettings for
your current monitor.
Gerard