HELP CONFIRMING DESIGNJET 430 ERROR

martin

Hi,

I'm working on a Designjet 430 and basically it is missing lines and
text in different parts of the plot.
Tested the carriage and cartridge and they passed the test in service
mode 1.

Cleaned the encoder strip and primed the cartridge, no difference.
Changed the cartridge, no difference.

By the way the customer is not using HP Brand ink, using compatible.
Performed print quality plot which upon looking at test 2 was
incorrect.

Performed Service Config Plot and are the results:

Firmware A.01.05
SPROC release: 4.0

Power Cycles 11573
black plots 11172
number of pens 0 0 0 118
Spitton 7% used
bail errors 2

system errors 29
last system error 0x00000401 (errno = 0)

bench run max y axis PWM 98
bench run max x axis PWM 89

Encoder test max y PWM 0 (SHOULD BE BETWEEN 90-100)
Encoder test max x PWM 0 (SHOULD BE BETWEEN 60- 70)

Basically if anyone who has good knowledge of the designjet would be
able to confirm this fault as the encoder strip?,

I do suspect it is, as with the information provided by the service
config plot.

I hope a plotter expert can confirm my thought on the problem.

You can email me in private if you prefer.

Many thanks in advance

Martin

Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a Designjet 430 and basically it is missing lines and
> text in different parts of the plot.

So basically you're telling us that your plotter has lost the plot?

Sorry, Martin, I can't help you (I've never used a plotter) but it was an
opening too good to pass up... ;o)

on salads.

Marty

Yes, the plotter has lost the plot and the owner is losing his contract
if i dont get if sorted.
Very good humour Miss Perspicacia Tick, nice to see.